Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trilby vs. Fedora

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
It would seem that if the (Fedora-esque)Hat is American, it can be called a Fedora but any 'Fedora' or 'Trilby' from England, or more specifically in England can be referred to as a Trilby. (maybe if it crosses the Atlantic, it can have a change of name...)The notion seems quite vague but anything that doesn't quite meet 'our' Fedora standards: wider brim, taller, straighter crown, could be relegated to the Trilby camp. I guess a cloth (tweed ferinstance)hat would be a trilby too- especially in England...

Hmmm...

B
T

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Clyde R. -- definitely a fedora...

And give us some shots of the liner and sweatband. Is it an Open Road? Stratoliner?

Also, where 'bouts in NC do you hail from? There's a pretty good few of us Carolinians in the Lounge.

Raindog

One of the Regulars
You'll be relieved to hear Clyde, that hat's a fedora!
Here's a typical trilby and owner from the UK......
harry2.jpg

Jeff.

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Well, relieved to get the good word on my hat. It's marked on the inside of the hatband John B. Stetson "Royal Stetson" and "Stratoliner." I don't have any pics of the liner or sweatband snapped yet...
I'm from the Raleigh area here in NC. Good to be here and thanks for the responses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe