Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

Kishtu

Practically Family
Ah Foofoogal I doubt the world is quite ready for multiples of the Tribble lol I had to do it, in the interests of self preservation....

I'm feeling especially thankful for waterproof clothing having just come back from our village shop in near-torrential rain!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
absolutely thankful for the great people in my life, even the not so great ones.

that my hair stylist gives me an awesome haircut at a decent price (guess it helps I was her receptionist!lol)

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
i'm thankful that when i walk in the room, my dog wags her tail and looks adoringly at me.

i'm thankful i have a car & house, all paid for.

i'm thankful when i check my voicemail i have a message from an old friend.

i'm thankful that it has never been a case of "if" we'll eat; but more of a case of "who's buying/cooking" it. see enough hunger & poverty in the world; it makes me thankful that i am blessed to the measure i am.

i'm thankful for friends who make my sister & me part of their families at get-togethers.

there's lots more things, but i think that those were the biggies.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
I'm thankful

For a wonderful and loving family, even if they drive me crazy.
I am thankful for wonderful friends, and since I am moving away to another state; I thankful for all those people in my life here in Tucson that Will miss me and that make me feel special because Kids.... Ill miss you like no other.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1940's said:
For a wonderful and loving family, even if they drive me crazy.
I am thankful for wonderful friends, and since I am moving away to another state; I thankful for all those people in my life here in Tucson that Will miss me and that make me feel special because Kids.... Ill miss you like no other.

Hey there sassy...are you leaving us and going off to the big city to get started on your modeling career? If not.. you should! Your latest pictures are amazing!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Hey there sassy...are you leaving us and going off to the big city to get started on your modeling career? If not.. you should! Your latest pictures are amazing!

Desi darling,
we need to get togather....syd, I and Jennifer are going to the Shelter on Friday Night! we are doing the 1960's thing.....you should come, ill text you and remind you!
please come darling, Pretty please with Sugars on Top!
btw
thanks for the Picture comments darling. I heart you!

Foofoogal

Banned
I am thankful I woke up this morning and there was a mama raccoon and her 2 little babies on my back porch. I didn't venture outside till she was thru wandering around.lol
I still get to see some nature even though they are fast cutting trees down around my area...
I used to have lots of deer. Now only once in a great while will I see one. :eusa_doh:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of wildlife, I went out on an insect safari today with my camera and in addition to the usual bumble bees and wasps I would see in the past few years I actually saw quite a few honey bees this time. Not as many as I would see 15 or 20 years ago, but enough to make me think they are making a comeback here from the brink of extinction. :)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss 1940's said:
Desi darling,
we need to get togather....syd, I and Jennifer are going to the Shelter on Friday Night! we are doing the 1960's thing.....you should come, ill text you and remind you!
please come darling, Pretty please with Sugars on Top!
btw
thanks for the Picture comments darling. I heart you!

I will keep this in mind and let you know via text! I would love to get together with you, Syd and Jennifer. :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I'm thankful for the Fedora Lounge; for the bartenders in charge, and the members who post here. This place changed my life, dramatic as it may sound.
What I like most about the Lounge is how people generously share their vast knowledge, which makes going through threads as enjoyable as searching library shelves. It's a breathing hole from contemporary popular culture and the attitudes that follow. Thank you!

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Discount Stores (online and off)...I wouldn't be able to survive without them (seriously).

With the cost of food really high at grocery stores, I'm thankful for an outlet store where I can get your regular grocery store food, for discount prices. I even got tea that is normally priced for $10 for .99 at this store (and for my unhealthy love of tea - these are the prices I need).

Also, because of the fact that health food stores are high priced - I am thankful for places like Vitacost and Luckyvitamin, etc. where I can get my natural toiletries and supplements for 40% - off or more.

Places like Salvation Army, and other stores in town here where I live - where I can find decent stuff at low cost.

Finally - how my apt. is with the rent. How my heat is included in the rent - I am ever so greatful that it worked out just fine for my lifestyle and income.

Prien:eek:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am thankful my little sister is coming home from the hospital today and I am hoping they found or will find the cause of her heart problems.

C.K.Farnsworth

One of the Regulars
I am thankful...

I am thankful for all the people in my life, everyone I have met. The ones that are still around and all the others too. They have enriched my life by sharing their hopes and dreams, their opinions and advice, their woes and joys. And especially for all the terrific people I have met and hope to meet on Fedora Lounge. Remember " we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience." And most of all I am thankful to have had my brother in my life for 16 years, Curtis Scott Farnsworth 1962-1980. He remains the beacon I look to as an example of how to be the best person I can be.

Thank's Bro, I know you're up there watching over me.

Foofoogal

Banned
Thankful I knew the United States and Texas as it used to be.
Thankful me and mine are not starving today.
Thankful I am not like the poor folks in Galveston who have no homes to go back to.
Thankful I have good milk to drink today. ( I love milk seriously)
Very thankful for music and laughter and people that say very funny things and make me laugh.
Thankful I got to go on a 3 week long trip and even got to hear a man whistle once. I yearn on a continual basis for whistling men and laughing children and women singing.
Thankful an 80 foot tall oak tree with a 9 foot rootball fell near my house and didn't hit it.
I am completely thankful today. It is overwhelming I am so thankful. I think it is a post reaction to the fact I watched a hurricane on the internet go right over our childrens houses and they came out ok.
Thankful, thankful, thankful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88