Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

Foofoogal

Banned
Yesterday I had the day from hell.
First the air conditioner messed up and after trying all kinds of things we finally figured out it had a bad breaker. Fixed that.
Then the water heater decided to mess up. This meant I had a cat bath in a hurry if you know what i mean. No washing hair.
Waiting for honey to come home but now we get to the good part.
The weather guy said 10% chance of rain. Ha.
Out of nowhere darkness develops in the sky. I hear that up the road is 65mph winds. Spooky, quiet weather and near pitch black.
I have lived in my house since 1993. The wind is really kicking up so I decide to empty my under stairs closet to get into. I had my cell phone and a flash light since by this time no power.
So I shut the door. Guess what. No inside way to get out. I have an iron latch thingy on the outside. It locks shut. Here I am in a closet and of course the cell phone does not work.
So for 2 hours I sit in a closet with my head on the Christmas pillows napping off and on. I can hear the wind.
I am thinking. Ok God. You now have my attention and I cannot be on the internet so I took this time to pray. My honey I knew was on his way home.
When he came home and found me in the closet he had drove thru torrential rain and high winds that was making his truck go off the road almost.
Out of the closet and no power from about 3 to 9 at night. No damage to us or those around us.
So instead of the *&^% thread I decided to put this in the thankful thread.
I have been watching about the bad storms up North. Praying for all of you in that closet too. :)

I shall be changing the locks on the closet doors. Honey is working on the water heater.
After reading the diary of the Civil War girl isn't it for sure that every generation has trials. Not that I would of wanted to live then. Sandy

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
I am thankful

for having many great friends( I love you all)! a loving family even though they drive me crazy!
god given goal to strive to be the best I can be!
having a divine vintage wardrobe!
having seen many swell places and being able to go to many vintage gathings...cicada...art deco Ball...hanger dances...and many more too come!
having a swell camera to capture these great moments on film ( thanks mom and dad)

Caroline

One of the Regulars
I'm thankful for

~the fact that I'm on good terms with eldest bro again
~for the little extra "push" I get from people to press on when I'm feeling weak or frightened
~for seeing that "2" on the flop yesterday. I've never been so happy to have a pair of 2's! Turned my whole game around! lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I realize that I have been complaining an awful lot lately. I was thinking about it on the way home from the grocery store this evening and realized that I should stop and take a minute to be thankful for the fact that I have a job that allows me to be able to afford everything I need when I go to buy groceries, and that I have a residence to bring them home to. It made my plate of nachos this evening taste that much better.

Rufus

Practically Family
I'm thankful for the luxury of wworking at home. Drawing for a living.

Having lovely friends, I care about, and who are genuinely happy to help each other.

I'm also very happy and thankful to have the FL, I work alone...it's great to dip in during a coffee break and catch up with others, all leading such different lives, all over the world. I love it.

So Thank you All!

:) R

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thankful – what a good thread.
Not something you think about every day, is it?

I am thankful that my oldest son – being gay – is living such a great life after all.
(Enough stupid, ignorant bastards around, to spoil it.)

I am thankful that my youngest son is a smart kid, starting University next month - and a joy to be around. My best friend!

I am thankful that my darling wife still finds me interesting, funny, sexy and loveable after all these years. And tries really hard to understand the difference between a Spitfire and a Hurricane.

I am thankful that I am now in a situation where I can use my experience and knowledge to teach young people about communication and advertising. Bring it on so to speak.
And I am also thankful that the same young people find me worth their while.

I am thankful that I am still in good health and can wake up every morning looking forward to what the day may throw at me.

I am thankful that I survived the 60s and the 70s. When so many of my friends did not.

I am thankful that I live in such a strange, little country as Denmark.
And that I have the money and the opportunities to leave it for Tuscany, whenever I feel like it.

…and - oh yes - then I am thankful for meeting a lot of new, interesting, funny, charming people here in the lounge.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Its superficial...but I am still thankful.

I am thankful that after 4 days of losing -every- dress I bid on on ebay, that I finally won the one I -really- liked the most, for a decent price.

I needed a dress for an event in 3 weeks and was feeling desperate about having -nothing- suitable.

Foofoogal

Banned
I am thankful the good Lord didn't let ole Edouard blow me or my family away today.
Everyone got off work and rested. A small miracle in spite of a potential disaster. Yeah...:eusa_clap

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
very very thankful for my loving family.

for financial aid.

for the LA arboretum.

for my puppy, we needed eachother. her a loving home, and I, something to love.

Kishtu

Practically Family
I'm thankful that my baby girl-with-paws came through her spay yesterday and is back to her usual rampaging self this morning, albeit one wearing a sock over her stitches....

I'm also thankful that I'm at home with her and the other two today, that my house is clean and tidy, and that my OH is well.

Foofoogal

Banned
I'm thankful that my baby girl-with-paws came through her spay yesterday

I'm thankful you are a responsible pet owner. My neighbor fosters animals for the SPCA. Lots and lots of kitties needing homes. My grandaughter is in heaven when she comes to my home. She wants to be a vet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88