Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I don't think anyone is saying (at least I'm not) that nice people don't give, and that all names attached to giving have selfish roots. But it defies logic to think it's all just to do good. My daughter won a scholarship from my company a few years back. The name on it is a well-known person in entertainment with a long history of low-key giving to good causes. I wouldn't take a general sense of what we're saying too far. In the end, the money does good, so OK.

That is true and the same thought I had.
At least in your daughter's case, the name wasn't on the building, on every piece of letterhead and even the name of the street the building is on. :p

That is true and the same thought I had.
At least in your daughter's case, the name wasn't on the building, on every piece of letterhead and even the name of the street the building is on. :p

True. She has had to commit to serving in underserved areas/people when she graduates (as stipulated by some of the grants she received) but that was her plan anyway. She's American Indian, and knows what she needs to do with her knowledge down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael