Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing is happening in restaurants. I often go to a place, get my meal, and ask if its just me, or are the portions smaller than they were x years ago? Not only that, I'm usually paying more.

It's funny in some places the portions are huge, but if your like me and just grabbing a bite the fast food places have kept some 99cent items but those are starting to move into the realm of smaller than small.

I find that the idea that hor derves (spelling) as food seems like a tease. Look minature hamburgers the size of coins.

It's funny in some places the portions are huge, but if your like me and just grabbing a bite the fast food places have kept some 99cent items but those are starting to move into the realm of smaller than small.

I find that the idea that hor derves (spelling) as food seems like a tease. Look minature hamburgers the size of coins.

Sounds like White Castle. :p

And U.S. supermarket shelves are collapsing under the load of foods which have just that. And the cheapest, most readily available foods --the ones that everyone can find and afford-- are also the most processed, salty, corn syrupy and starchy.

I heard several people talk about the idea that corn syrup replacing regular sugar is tough on a lot of peoples digestive sytems.

Hardly. It's the government's refusal to cut their spending of my money.
The roads have never been in worse shape. Same for bridges, etc. And the same yahoos have no worth-while mass transit here. They collect, they spend, they waste. Then they raise taxes and "fees" again. Repeat.

Most mass transit in Southern California goes from where I am not to where I don't need to be. I went to the metrolink website and have no clue how to buy a ticket or use the servce

Most mass transit in Southern California goes from where I am not to where I don't need to be. I went to the metrolink website and have no clue how to buy a ticket or use the servce

Yep. I live where one starts, but doesn't go near my office. I've seen this with every move I've made here. The only one that we can use is the bus service from Pasadena to the Hollywood Bowl and gold line to downtown LA. At least that covers some of our entertainment venues which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael