Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dobbs Diner...

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Hey all!

I just pulled the trigger on a 40-50's Twenty Fifth Avenue. It's a 5 1/2 crown, 2 3/4 brim, open crown never worn. Can't wait to get it! Will be glad to be a member of the Dobbs Mobb.

theoldnorthwest

Familiar Face
Hey all!

I just pulled the trigger on a 40-50's Twenty Fifth Avenue. It's a 5 1/2 crown, 2 3/4 brim, open crown never worn. Can't wait to get it! Will be glad to be a member of the Dobbs Mobb.

Sounds just like the one I found recently, a great hat, those vintage hats are definitely the way to go, and the Dobbs 20 is one of my favorites. Glad you found one I am sure you will love it.

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
There aren't any, necessarily, as the Twenty wasn't a model name, but a quality/price designation. From the late-1940s through the 1960s most Dobbs hats advertised with a $20 price would have the "Twenty" designation on the sweatband regardless of model or style.

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Gotcha, thanks Brad

There aren't any, necessarily, as the Twenty wasn't a model name, but a quality/price designation. From the late-1940s through the 1960s most Dobbs hats advertised with a $20 price would have the "Twenty" designation on the sweatband regardless of model or style.

NewJack

Practically Family
Beautiful lids gentlemen! The Dobbs number series (15, 20, etc) are some beautiful hats! Impressing the he** outta this new hat scholar. Just wonderin' if a Dobbs Gay Prince is allowed? Could use a little interior work on leather and the liner. But it's all there and in a 7 1/2 with 2 1/2 inch stitched brim. I understand the size is hard to find. Midnight blue color. The felt is like butter! This hat is truly amazing! Hardly know it's being worn! Not a moth nibble or bite anywhere! And eBay find about 5 months ago for a song...

clintfisher

One of the Regulars
Not nearly as impressive but here's my Dobbs Twenty I got this week. 50's, would love to narrow it down.

OMT3V1O.jpg

onU8rTS.jpg

grwSAyT.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88