Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Here is my 16th conversion.A Resistol Stagecoach,color Tan Bark,Brim was 4",now 2 5/8".Crown open 6 1/4",now as creased front 5",back 5",highest point on sides 5 5/8".Ribbon 1 1/2" dark brown.Liner is one of the pin-up liners that I made.Also my 1st try at a shark gill bow.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Thanks,RJR.I thought you would like the liner.hatophile glad you like liner.They are fun to make and it's great to get a nice compliment.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
That's ok,Joao I understand your pain.Thank you,ManofKent glad you liked it.T Jones it's cool you guys like the bow,it wasn't that easy for me to make. The center is 1" the pleats are 1/2",the bow is 5" long.

John Galt

Vendor
(Sorry Joao), A Stetson 100 conversion I'm almost done with. No good before photos, but it was a Rancher crease with a OR style ribbon, and about a 3 inch brim.

2udadu7e.jpg

ahu7edeh.jpg

e9e8amu2.jpg

yvate4e2.jpg

I love this ribbon. It's marked 1952, so was perfect for this hat, which was about the same year based on the onion skin sweatband barrier.

For the record, this hat was stretched rather than re-blocked specifically to save the sweatband, all vintage tools, methods & materials were used, and no baby seals or dolphins lost their lives...

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That looks really nice John. Great job on that! Looks really crisp. I agree with you on the ribbon. I like it too. Nice!

(hmmm....did you use scissors to cut that brim down?) ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82