Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Will do. As I´m kind of addicted to work wear I´ll also come up with a denim/ chambray cap and I´ve found some nice cotton fabric for the lining:

chambray
83206,bildschirmfoto20120627um1557302BDBP.png

lining
83207,bildschirmfoto20120627um155518SY1DT.png

83208,bildschirmfoto20120627um155611OVU1Y.png

Feraud

Bartender
I actually changed my order with Johnny so now instead of the brown wool, I'm going with this:

I have a waistcoat dated 1921 that uses a very similar fabric. I think this will make an extremely authentic looking cap!
Great choice of fabric.

Who else thinks Johnny J and Hepville deserve their own threads to show off the great work they are doing?

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Great logo, Johnny! I love the design.

I would drop the "vintage style", though. To me it kinda gives the impression of the caps not being authentic in their own right but just retro copies. If I were you I'd prefer something along the lines of "Cordova Custom Caps" or "Cordova Handmade Caps". Just a suggestion. ;)

Got it Rudie and thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Great logo, Johnny! I love the design.

I would drop the "vintage style", though. To me it kinda gives the impression of the caps not being authentic in their own right but just retro copies. If I were you I'd prefer something along the lines of "Cordova Custom Caps" or "Cordova Handmade Caps". Just a suggestion. ;)

I feel the same way about it. :)

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Good Lordy, Bela and Johnny! Carry on and this will get me to the poor house! :eeek:

Love the logo Johnny, will you sew it or print it to the caps? I would love to have one for my cap...

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I think it is really amiss of Johnny to have left out the obligatory cigarette in his cap logo. He could have at least put in a knife! Very toned down, politically correct cap logo... Johnny should have more fortitude and not concede to the whoosier elements of the Cap Faction.

Just kidding, I think it looks spiffy, Johnny!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
You guys are funny! St.V, I think I will be using a heat press to put them on the fabric. Already looked at the quality of some company's and looks pretty good, and also is pretty permanent. Sorry I could not put these on for the first caps, but they will be in all the rest as soon as I get the logo right. Oh yeah, and I will need to get a heat press too.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Never mind Johnny! The first one´s will be very special and rise steeply in their value. We will then put them up on Ebay and buy ourselfs a hatshop from the revenue. :D

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Johnny, maybe another interesting idea you can adopt for you logo:

Here in Germany we have guild signs for different crafts (tailor, modiste, carpenter, brick layer e.g.).
I don´t know if you have a similar tradition... but if so you can take a look at a guild sign and may build it in / adopt in somehow.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Okay... the fabrics are ordered.
It will be the lining fabrics, denim/ chambray, striped linen, brown herringbone cotton/ linen blend and the blue/ white striped denim I´ve shown here.
I´ve also ordered a beige cotton canvas.
The fabrics are pre washed, sanforized or will be pre washed by me and all fabrics are Made in Germany.
All caps will have the larger/ wider brim and smaller buttons on top.
All caps will also have a layer of 1950s horsehair in the brim... besides the flexible cardboard i´m using.

Seems I´ll be busy again for the next weeks besides my apprenticeship ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe