Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still losing

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The larger garments are in the closet or bagged and some went off to market.

I lost through working out daily to tapes, taking walks at midnight and eating meat and veggies alone with the occasional fit of Hershey's with almond eating and oreo cookie shake. Pizza too, though let's not go into that!

I don't know how much I weigh now as i don't weigh myself... I went from a 48 waist to a 38 and hopefully will hit a 36 soon.

The girls... nothing but trouble so I keep them at a distance. People can be as shallow as the LA river in July and you really see that when you lose weight. It's not about the person, it's about their looks to so many. I like to go by who the person is, and if I don't please slap me. I've been hit with a cloud of gals since I lost weight and it puts me off for the fact that many wouldn't give me the time of day before I dropped the weight, so I take them with a grain of salt. I go for deep character and a sense of comprehension.

I like the fact that I can do obstacle courses and jump hurdles and do pushups which i couldn't do before... I like the ability to jump into the ring and try my skill at boxing (there's a whole boxing gym on Wilshire)... I don't like the fact that people who wouldn't aproach me before now come to me willingly and ask me to dance and strike up conversations like I am a totally different person.

I started losing weight when a girl told me I'd look much better if I lost the weight... I took it to heart, though I took it on as a goal when I realized I really like the athletic look ... It's all about the clothes really (see, I'm shallow too).

I have a long way to go still, I feel more confident and a bit more wordly when it comes to people and how they see others.

I kept off about 65 pounds for a year and am starting to try to lose again. It's not easy, though it can be done.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
It really is fantastic. Not because you now look "better" to some other people, but because you FEEL more energetic and you ARE healthier. Looks are in the eye of the beholder; energy and health are in YOU -- no beholders needed, thanks very much.

Congratulations! Keep at it! And stay away from high-calorie alcohol! lol

Pilgrim

One Too Many
It's not entirely that people are shallow.

We all respond to the totality of a person we encounter - the personality, the clothing, the demeanor, the language, the intelligence, the body type, the body language and other factors. In US society, a slender and athletic body type is considered to be a desirable thing. When people respond positively to it, please consider that you have changed the impact of your total personal presentation.

The fact that many people evidently respond more positively is not necessarily a knock on them; however, only you can judge this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe