Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
What do you all think the market would be for a new production run of the Open Road-style Stetson 100, or Stetson 7x Clear Beaver? Enough to make it worth a Hatco run, or not enough?
Stetson has decided the market for the OR model, the Western hat folks, and if they did one it would probably be in the El Presidente line and be done in the stiffer pre-creased Cattleman crease. Why bother with Stetson when you can get a 6x Shady Oak done in this manner from Peter Bros. in Ft. Worth :)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson has decided the market for the OR model, the Western hat folks, and if they did one it would probably be in the El Presidente line and be done in the stiffer pre-creased Cattleman crease. Why bother with Stetson when you can get a 6x Shady Oak done in this manA hat ner from Peter Bros. in Ft. Worth :)

A hat like that, if I had it done in 100% beaver (dream on), I might leave it in the cattleman's crease brim up to see how that worked. Then if I didn't like it that way I could have it re-blocked. It would all have to do with what I think I could carry off in the Washington D.C. area. But it looks tempting.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
A hat like that, if I had it done in 100% beaver (dream on), I might leave it in the cattleman's crease brim up to see how that worked. Then if I didn't like it that way I could have it re-blocked. It would all have to do with what I think I could carry off in the Washington D.C. area. But it looks tempting.

My father had 2 OR's back in the '60s and wore one with a center dent/front pinch and the other he wore with a Cattleman crease and snapped the brim down in front. It's a good look IMHO and is how I wear my OR I have that I bought in 1980. Sort of a "business western" :)

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
53684833.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
I was watching that clock. It went too high for me. I should have bought it the first time they had it up. It had too high a first bid so no one bid the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82