Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
That's something that I've seen happen a lot. A seller will want to get at least what they think something is worth so they'll set the miminum bid at that amount, but no one will bid on it because everyone wants to have at least the illusion there's a chance they'll get a great deal. Still, I prefer that then a low opening bid with a high hidden reserve!

Cheers,
Tom

HatsEnough

Banned
The only problem with the high opening bid is that only the gottahaveit collectors will ever bid. Everyone else will look at that bid and scoff.
And in the case of the clock, the seller got more than that high opening bid.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Exactly! It it is something I really want, and I know I'd be willing to bid at least the opening bid or more, I may set a sniper at the max I'd be willing to go. Somehow, though, that high opening bid is discouraging even when I know I'd bid twice as much if the opener was lower.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I found this article about the new Stetson store at 1224 Chestnut in the June 1913 issue of The American Hatter. Wasn't sure where to put it.

StetsonStoreJune1913.jpg

Brad

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I found this article about the new Stetson store at 1224 Chestnut in the June 1913 issue of The American Hatter. Wasn't sure where to put it.

What about in the Hat Stores with pics thread too? There are pics (and maybe some discussion) of some of the older establishments over there.

EggHead

Practically Family
Does Luxuro finish mean that the hat "Stetson" is made of wool felt? Or can it mean that it could be fur too?
I have read some info on it which referred to wool, but for example Stetson Weekender has also been labeled as Luxuro processed felt.
And older Sovereigns come in Luxuro too.
Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82