Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

p51

One Too Many
I went to the restroom at the International Court building in the Hauge once (my war crimes trial wasn't until much later, okay?). Anyway, I was shocked to find the toilet was unisex. So odd to be 'dropping a duce' in a stall where I knew there was a woman doing the same thing. Man, it felt so odd.
I have a feeling that with all this shtick about gender is what you feel you are that day these days, it's a matter of time before they don't even put signs on the doors as to what gender goes in there...
As to that, I think this whole, "I feel like a woman today, so I'll use the ladies room and you can't say anything" stuff will last to the first lawsuit over it. Imagine being the parent of a daughter and find a boy is using their locker room because he told the school he identified as being a woman... that day. How can people not know that teen boys will say or do anything to make that happen? So, the first girl's parent who finds out that's happened, they'll lawyer up and sue the school district. PC be damned at that moment, as we all know how terrified schools are of suits these days.
I'm PC where it makes sense but this is insane where we've recently gone about people now 'identify' with a gender and everyone has to cowtow to that, even though it can change day to day.

Edward

Bartender
Next time that you are in London, get yourself along to The Cellar Door. It's a small, subterranean bar, with just two unisex cubicles. These toilets have clear glass doors. Slide the lock and the glass goes opaque. Freaky, but not as freaky as spring-loaded doors with a three minute timer.

Heh, yes... That really weirded me out when I first encountered it! Not been in in some time, must get back. Nice guy, the owner

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We have a unisex bathroom in the main lobby, intended primarily for patrons who can't manage the stairs to the regular bathrooms in the lower lobby. One of our concessionistas speaks English as a second language, and there are certain fine points of the tongue that tend to trip her up -- on one occasion she directed an elderly patron to "the bisexual bathroom" while I tried very hard not to collapse laughing to the floor.

We have a unisex bathroom in the main lobby, intended primarily for patrons who can't manage the stairs to the regular bathrooms in the lower lobby. One of our concessionistas speaks English as a second language, and there are certain fine points of the tongue that tend to trip her up -- on one occasion she directed an elderly patron to "the bisexual bathroom" while I tried very hard not to collapse laughing to the floor.

The bathrooms in my house are unisex, though when I win that $1.3 billion, my man cave will have a "men's room", complete with a standup urinal.

Last edited:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

And the first thing that popped into my head was the scene where Meryl Streep's English as a Second Language character in Sophie's Choice is complimenting Stingo on his new seersucker suit..

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Those little stickers in the grass that are like porcupines that stick to your shoes and clothes....
2rzvym9.jpg

I had forgotten about those little stickers in the grass until now.
In the summer time when I was around 6 & out of school, always barefoot
to save wear & tear on my shoes for school. Me & the guys would go out to the
fields to play. We learn that if we ran fast over the stickers they wouldn't stick
or hurt, only when we walked .
Also we would use mud when we got stung by the yellow-jackets (wasps).
Amazing I survived without any infections.
Those were the days when the fields had pretty monarch butterflies & glow worms
in the evening.

What ticks me off is parents who bring kids to the tennis courts & don’t discipline
them . Running all over, they can get hurt. I can’t blame the children, they don’t know any better.

Last edited:

philosophygirl78

A-List Customer
2rzvym9.jpg

I had forgotten about those little stickers in the grass until now.
In the summer time when I was around 6 & out of school, always barefoot
to save wear & tear on my shoes for school. Me & the guys would go out to the
fields to play. We learn that if we ran fast over the stickers they wouldn't stick
or hurt, only when we walked .
Also we would use mud when we got stung by the yellow-jackets (wasps).
Amazing I survived without any infections.
Those were the days when the fields had pretty monarch butterflies & glow worms
in the evening.

YES!!! Those.... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe