Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

We're getting the same kind of weird weather here -- it dips slightly below freezing at night, and then it's warm enough to walk around bare-legged and without a coat during the day. There always used to be snow on the ground by the end of November, but now we're looking at a fresh crop of dandelions.

But, last night, here in the middle of Germany, was much much better, than the three days before. The unusal warm breeze seems to be gone last night and it's now getting seemingly more and more cold with an icy touch, here. So, the good sleepy nights will surely come back, hooray. :)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
It suddenly started to snow here about an hour ago -- big wet flakes and a lot of them. I yelled out the window STOP! G-D IT, STOP RIGHT NOW!

And it did. I'm thinking carefully about what I shall do next with these new powers.

How about opening the window
and with the same gusto
as before in your loudest vocal
range sing out one of the following.

"Let The Sunshine" by the 5th
Dimensions.

or

"Let it Shine" by Ledbelly.

But do it now, you may not have
the power later.
Good Luck & let us know how you
did.

Btw:
Do you have a baseball catcher's mask.
Comes in handy in case a neighbor decides to throw you
a compliment! o_O

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
You're a gentleman as seen in your response and I know swanson_eyes was just having fun, but holy cow, I wasn't sure you were going to be able to pick yourself up off the canvas after that roundhouse to the jaw.

I have a warm spot for swanson_eyes as well as my
other friends on my forum list.

I will gladly take a punch if
she or the others feel I merit one! ;)

It suddenly started to snow here about an hour ago -- big wet flakes and a lot of them. I yelled out the window STOP! G-D IT, STOP RIGHT NOW!

And it did. I'm thinking carefully about what I shall do next with these new powers.

We, today too, several hundred miles south of you, got a few flurries on the first truly cold day of Fall - feels very week of Thanksgiving now.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^
I really feel for all of you with the cold conditions you are having.

If I could, I would send Mr. Sunshine your way.
We have plenty right now over
in the central West.

Since I cannot send the sunshine,
I will send warm wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving week to you
and all your friends.

^^^^^
I really feel for all of you with the cold conditions you are having.

If I could, I would send Mr. Sunshine your way.
We have plenty right now over
in the central West.

Since I cannot send the sunshine,
I will send warm wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving week to you
and all your friends.

While I sincerely appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes, I love a cold, grey Fall Thanksgiving week just like I love a sunny, too-hot July 4th week. For me, a kid of the Northeast, the weather and various holidays are entwined in feel and memory.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
While I sincerely appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes, I love a cold, grey Fall Thanksgiving week just like I love a sunny, too-hot July 4th week. For me, a kid of the Northeast, the weather and various holidays are entwined in feel and memory.

“fuhgeddaboudit”...:cool:

To swanson_eyes,LizzieMaine
and to all who will be suffering
the pains of bitter cold & shoveling
snow, my thoughts are with you.:)

Last edited:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

I tend to agree. Saturday was cold: blustery wind out of the west, but my wife & I hiked downtown for exercise- about a 3 mile round trip. My new wool newsboy cap, fairly new ANJ-4 flight jacket and RAF jumper (sweater) almost kept me too toasty, but it made the bracing cold enjoyable. I'll take it over blistering heat anytime.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
If it’s allowed on the forum:
My prayers are with you, sheeplady.
please keep us posted & you are ok.
I'm not that worried about it, more that I am upset:
1. I didn't park in the garage
2. I'm going to have to clean off my car (in the dark, at midnight, with no mittens)
3. I bet I'm plowed in
4. I really miss my kids and husband and want to see them.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ended up my flight in Atlanta was overbooked, so I volunteered to be bumped for a $500 voucher and night''s hotel. the highway down to where I lived was closed up until 2 hours ago. It was free hotel here or $150 hotel because i likely couldnt get home and digging my car out at midnight to drive to said hotel.

Lady gave me a $600 voucher ($100 extra) as a holiday gift because I was "so nice" to her.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Lady gave me a $600 voucher ($100 extra) as a holiday gift because I was "so nice" to her.

That happens when you least expect it.

Last month I called the cable company
to cancel part of my package.
I ended with a $40 reduction on
my billing plus the lady installed all
the premium channels free with
no increase in billing.
She told me that I was very pleasant
to chat with.
That was nice to hear.

I never realized how many movies
& series were available that I haven't watched. :)

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pretty cold today, and windy. The cold wind seems to effect drivers brains in a very negative way! A pile up on the freeway, had to get off two exits before mine, still made descent time. It was only 2:30, not even near rush hour. Like I said, the wind going in one ear and out the other! :)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Pretty cold today, and windy. The cold wind seems to effect drivers brains in a very negative way! A pile up on the freeway, had to get off two exits before mine, still made descent time. It was only 2:30, not even near rush hour. Like I said, the wind going in one ear and out the other! :)

A sudden downpour has the same affect with traffic driving.
It's as if common sense and safety when driving in these conditions is no longer required.
People ignore traffic signals or stop signs.

This is my perception after covering traffic fatalities for
28 years in all sorts of
driving conditions.

When I'm in this situation,
I will pull over and wait until
I can see where I'm going &
others can see me as well.
There's nothing that I know of
that requires I drive in unsafe
conditions.
I only cover the news...not be
part of it. :cool:

Last edited:

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
You're a gentleman as seen in your response and I know swanson_eyes was just having fun, but holy cow, I wasn't sure you were going to be able to pick yourself up off the canvas after that roundhouse to the jaw.
I come back here after a couple of days and....I did what? All that stuff about being tough in winter was directed at myself and illustrating the midwestern mindset.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
A sudden downpour has the same affect with traffic driving.
It's as if common sense and safety when driving in these conditions is no longer required.
People ignore traffic signals or stop signs.
Every year here whenever we have the first snow people instantly forget how to drive for the conditions. I can count on sirens nearly every time.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Every year here whenever we have the first snow people instantly forget how to drive for the conditions. I can count on sirens nearly every time.

Around this time of the year as you pointed out with drivers and conditions.
If such a thing is possible, I usually wait until the traffic has calmed down
before I head home.

Being a news-photographer and trying to get the story on-time is part
of the job.
I love what I'm doing.
But after work, I don't ever rush.

If I go out it's mostly on the peaceful back roads that I know still exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanv