Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snobbery in the Lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
You and your undershirt should go back to duct taping your fully depreciated Pontiac. Now hush.

I'll not sit by, sir, whilst you cast aspersions upon my most beloved Pontiac.

The thing's a tank on wheels with suprisingly good gas mileage. :p lol

Jovan

Suspended
Feraud said:
As for improvement...who wants to step up into the spotlight and admit they are a flawed snob and have total strangers reform them?
I have, right here on the Lounge. [huh]

I can come off as a bit of a snob or "too big for my britches" sometimes... I usually mean the best, though. This relates to the problem brought up before of text vs. actual conversation. I've heard more than once people meeting others on here in person that they previously perceived to be uptight or arrogant -- and their opinion changing completely. I'm sure that would be the case if many of you met me in person, and vice versa. :)

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
DING DING DING! Here we are, discussing the finer points of vintage dressing, etiquette, and how everyone who dresses like a regular person is way worse than we are. I mean, I can call a spade a spade, and I hope other Loungers can too. This is why we flock together. lol
hammer-nail.jpg

LizzieMaine said:
See, this is what happens when we let the riff raff in.
Sorry. ;)

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Story said:
Son, I don't mean to break your bubble, but that's a hammer.

This
is a spade.

afcc732f-e8b7-4174-bd70-bb0a704e09b5_4.jpg

I believe that was a reference to the phrase "hitting the nail on the head".... Son!

There, how's THAT for snobbery!lol

Regards, Andy

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Sefton said:

How to escape from the snob life: "You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff."
-Rufus T. Firefly

There are enough Groucho quotes out there to fill volumes! Great line, I haven't seen that film in ages!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Story said:
Son, I don't mean to break your bubble, but that's a hammer.

This
is a spade.

afcc732f-e8b7-4174-bd70-bb0a704e09b5_4.jpg

Us unsophisticated folks call it a shovel. I think you may be onto something with this snobbery thing...

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Now that I look at it a little closer, I'm beginning to realize we're all wrong. That, right there, is a grapefruit spoon! Spade... HA!!!
;)

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Huh??

rumblefish said:
lol lol lol lol lol
Thanks, excuse me while I clean the tea off of my monitor.

The bunny however, looks like a snob.

Well, that is superior snobbery indeed - one who can remain a snob while wearing a pancake!! lol lol

GWD

One Too Many
Does this have anything to do with my Stingy Brim Post? If so I'm sorry.:(

Of course we're better than most other people. We can read AND write! And 99.9% of us can spell too! AND....AND there are some DAMN good looking people in this forum!

But enough about me.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
What about. . .

Snobbery? I haven't seen it here- seriously. I've seen lots of folks proud of their "find" or pleased as punch at their new custom. It was suggested that maybe everyone on the list is a snob of a fashion :)eusa_doh: ). Certainly my state of knowledge should have lead someone of a snobbish bent to an easy assault but I've felt most welcome. I suppose if your idea of sartorial splendor is one of those lettered caps and you adore the cheek bulge of 'baccy and a clean t-shirt is "dressing up" then. . . Hey wait a minute- :eusa_doh:

surely

A-List Customer
J.S.Udontknowme said:
When are the snobs going to start posting?

You guys ain't the snobs, you're just ignorant trouble makerslol ; you know it takes one to know one.

But what you are doing, maybe, is preventing others to post for fear of being razzed. Well, if so let me reassure them that they will be protected.

Also, please take serious the definitions at the beginning of this thread. Thanks to rumblefish for this link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UJ47DIXtzpo
Having an image may help focus the conversation. Does anyone think the maitre de is cool? Would anyone want to hang out with guys like that?

This is not to say that all snobs are like that, but that that kind of behavior is open to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe