Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
MarieAnnePynn
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought these at an estate/garage sale. I paid 2$ for all of them! I was actually looking for sewing patterns. They had a sewing machine but no patterns. I wanted to ask if there were any sewing patterns the lady might consider selling but (from my understanding) she was inside, heartbroken, and I think it would have been rude. She was moving into a nursing home - the reason for the sale.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Oh my gosh, that is so sad I need a moment to process it before I post my new pattern.........sometimes I feel bad knowing that the reason all of these patterns are on etsy and ebay is because the women who owned them have died or gone into nursing homes. I know it is the cycle of life...but it's still bittersweet. From now on let's all wave to the sky and say "Thank You!" when we find these little gems!! :)

2945.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My other patterns finally came!

jacobanderson8396.jpg
HollywoodPattern960.jpg
HollywoodPattern548.jpg

The first one shipped to me still with its original wax paper sleeve! That floored me. The Hollywood patterns are great and Im so happy I finally got a frock/apron combo pattern, in my size! :D I can cross that crazy expensive one at Rubylane off my wish list!

Yay patterns!

LD

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Here are my lastest pattern finds. You might recognize them from the post of our Redhotridinghood.
fba8829d.jpg

and

b5111969.jpg

I have been on a 1930s pattern kick since my body rearranged it's self!lol 30's patterns seem to suit me better now.

Samantha

Lorena B

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
modernpattern4036.jpg

I stumbled upon this one on Ruby Lane doing a random 'NRA" search. Its got multiple sizes in it AND a long sleeve option! Squeeeee!!!!!! IT also had a make an offer option attached to it. After much discussion from the seller (who was super polite) I got over $18 chopped off the final price! Yay!

LD

Wow LD, That pattern is seriously nice!
Need to check Ruby lane again, sometimes they have nice and cheap stuff

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have a favorite seller on RL that has great patterns, but her stuff, gosh love her, is easily 40-50% OVER going rates anywhere! Some of her prices are down right laughable, considering you can find as good an equivalent on eBay. Ive emailed her, asking for a negotiation, but she refuses. Only now do I see her taking $3 off here $5 there. On a pattern that shes marked as $45 that should be $20, thats not going to make too big a difference.

Sorry for my rant :eek:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe