Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

2009_1026_153444.JPG

Good for when you go to bars where they have no idea how to make your favorite drinks. :p

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Doran said:
Nice ties, Quigley.

Can we post pics of girlie ties if they show a (bit of) breast on the Flounge or is that non-OK?

I actually found these today at a small charity shop in Sheldon, Iowa.

I'll post a photo of the naked lady tie (edit, of course) sometime soon...

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
Absolutely brilliant, fedoralover!

A couple of those, though....what were those artists smoking? lol

I'm not sure, I've wondered that myself. I've always been amazed at what people can think up. I guess that's why their artists and I'm not. But I also love the fact that they are one of a kind and you never have to worry about going someplace and seeing someone with a tie just like yours.

fedoralover

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
OK, let's see if I can get these photos to show up.
These are a few of my faves. Why the "D" tie you ask? My name is Dave! If you look closely at the band picture of Billy Jack Wills (Bob Wills' brother), Dick McComb, the trumpet player is wearing the same "D" tie! This pic is from the early 50's.
Dali ties are mentioned in this thread. Here's my Dali story: years ago at a thrift store in Phoenix, I found a Dali tie. It was $3 (Hoity-toity thrift store - $3 was a lot!) I had an inkling of Salvador Dali but, didn't really know about the ties. All I knew was that it was vintage. A few days later a guy offered me $10 for it. I thought "230% profit, heck yeah, SOLD."

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

DSC04531.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I am just totally amazed at how many designs there must have been created. I have never seen those of Malachi's and fedoralover's.

Yes, hand-painted ties are great, especially when they're made in California! I've got a few of my own, and will not part with them (even one which is splitting apart at the bottom). Even rarer are the hand-painted medium and thin ties...

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
Some recent finds at a small Iowa town thrift store:

a Regal cravat "Nylonized acetate and nylon' sold at 'Graysons Suits' in Sioux City.

tie1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

the left I believe is wool, the middle is labeled "Hand Made Resilient Construction." and right is labeled "Botanaire by Botany Mills"

tie2-3.jpg
[/IMG]

That Regal cravat is a corker, and so is the "Resilient Construction" one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe