Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I used to wear loud and 'wacky' ones in the 1980's(1980's does the 40's look) along with the thin leather ties of the time, now I prefer conservative(boring) ones including striped ones I must admit, for me it's about the differing textures and weaves in both woollens and brocades as opposed to hand painted designs...I am a sucker for a nicely woven label though!
I still have a few 80's and 90's silk ties too.

I used to wear loud and 'wacky' ones in the 1980's(1980's does the 40's look) along with the thin leather ties of the time, now I prefer conservative(boring) ones including striped ones I must admit, for me it's about the differing textures and weaves in both woollens and brocades as opposed to hand painted designs...I am a sucker for a nicely woven label though!
I still have a few 80's and 90's silk ties too.

The 80s didn't do 40s neckties very well. lol lol
The Jaxon Art neckties have the most interesting labels with elves etc. :p

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
ah we didn't know that then though JP! .they didn't do 40's suits that well either, though I did have a very nicely cut grey flannel 50's style two piece now I think of it....wouldn't fit now though!

I've never seen a Jaxon tie JP though I do have a very nice 50's Tooke that has a great label.

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
A 40s moire silk necktie

il_570xN.697430332_roel.jpg

Its in the classifieds

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Both are great examples of space-age patterns. The black and red one is exceptionally rock-n-roll. Very nice acquisitions.

Thank you! I really like that period of ties. They also seem to have a look that is slightly futuristic, to me, hence why they are really space age, like you've mentioned.

EEEK! I would happily wear a majority of those. It's great to see a vertically striped tie (not that I would wear one).

I like the look of a vertically striped tie, although I don't own one yet. I should think about that.

Those are all nice ties, although it's a shame about those stains on the off-white one with the brown pattern. How difficult are they to clean?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, they are all very nice. Right now, I think we have enough ties for a week or two (here in our home).....lol!

Everyone that has sent us ties and pocket squares helped make this Christmas very special and wonderful, indeed. Hey! It's a wonderful life! hehehe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe