Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_247918__zps9e6fd386.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_247917__zps29a66432.jpg.html] [/URL]

Recently I went on a hunt for some ties to add to my Husband's already tie stash, as over the past year I've purchased suits, sports jackets, shoes, hats, (sold a few as well) but more or less getting his line of clothing up and ready for him this spring. The real light powder blue is an oldie Wembley "rayon" in near new condition. The Paisley is an older Dior tie, who knows maybe 1960 to late 1980's?
The Fedora tie, now that was a no Brainer. Vintage tie with a Vintage illustration style pictures on the tie. Screams Vintage. Says "made by Hand" on the back. (Sally Hand)? ? (just teasing).

I did not get a good full shot of the flashy tie that says Club Tropicana on it. That ties is a dead ringer for a real vintage tie...but...it is not so! Tommy Bahama brand. But it does look nice, flashy for when you get back to driving and just edge out of a speeding ticket...

The widest tie is the Club Tropicana, at 4 inches wide, and real long....
Then the Paisley is almost that wide as well. The vintage fedora tie is silk, has seen better days but it is not all done yet. The illustrations are really clear if you get close and there is a material weave sort of pattern everywhere underneath all that.

I felt these colors would go well with light blues, tan, beige,ivory, pants, suits, sportcoats, and be frisky enough to support the two tone spectator shoes and fedora's Daniel will be wearing real soon.

Last edited:

Tommy

One of the Regulars
4-1/2" London Cravat "California Creation"

LCPheasant.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe