Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Late 50s/early 60s hand-painted...I think she's topless. :eeek:

File0188_zps56156e50.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Annixter

Practically Family
This is one left over from my "I didn't know vintage existed" days. It's currently for sale in the classifieds. Robert Daskal silk, hand painted, knot planned. 4" x 56." I really should keep it, but I figured a member who appreciates a longer, vintage-inspired piece might get better use out of it.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Knot planned means that the necktie's design is laid out to where when you form the knot, it's a different color/design than the rest of the tie. Here's one I have at hand:

View attachment 12665

Thank you, Annixter, for the explanation. The yellow knit tie I posted a page or two back has at the top a white or cream lining indicating where it is meant to be around the neck, and I follow the intended design when I tie it. Is this an example of a knot plan, also?

Annixter

Practically Family
Thank you, Annixter, for the explanation. The yellow knit tie I posted a page or two back has at the top a white or cream lining indicating where it is meant to be around the neck, and I follow the intended design when I tie it. Is this an example of a knot plan, also?

My pleasure. Are you referring to your post #8453? I cannot tell from the photo, but if the knot ends up being a different color when tied (white in your case), then it's knot planned. You sometimes have to experiment with different knot sizes to get everything lined up correctly. If the material that is hidden either in the knot or under the collar happens to be a different color, I wouldn't call it knot planned. I imagine that some manufacturers used cheaper fabrics or scraps of fabric from other projects on the assembly line for unseen sections if it saved them money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe