Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Some recent finds:

(l to r) Sort of an Arabian Nights theme from Creveling of California; an un-marked specimen with a motif that looks like exploding mortar shells; and a fox hunt-themed tie from...Haband! First and last feel like acetate, second one like rayon.
The ubiquitous hunting scene Haband. I have seen it in blue too. I have to get one, one of these days. :p

And the tie of the day is:
$T2eC16F,!y0E9s2S5UN2BRuf3+v!bg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16V,!yME9s5qGshnBRuf19,7Vw~~60_57.JPG

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Just an observation: A year or so ago I started selling vintage ties on eBay. I noticed that about 90% of my buyers were either from the NYC area or south Florida. I'm guessing that's somehow linked to the banking/financial industry being about the last hold-out where a suit and tie is still the expected business attire.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I think that depends on what kind of pattern ties you are selling though. If you are selling boring stripes, checks and dots then bankers will be your customers. :p Sell bold ties with bright patterns, hand-painteds and scenic ties and you are going to draw from all over the country. :p

Those I sold were mostly skinny late 50s / early 60s "Mad Men" style ties, which seem to be the hottest thing going right now in vintage ties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88