Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a bundle of ties/cravats I bought at a local charity shop today...if the photos work as I am using notebook and mobile phone so who knows what might happen.
2rcvlzd.jpg

Hmm well that's as good as it gets for now as tinypic doesn't like the game that my mobile and netbook are playing together and I can't upload anymore!

There are several wool ties in there, a couple of Tootal ties, one all cotton, one cotton/rayon mix, a Tootal cravat and a Sammy cravat and a couple of unknown makers/ unknown materials, the above is with the ties before I washed them....they all came from the same donator and were a bit grubby to be honest...I've since washed them and they look much better...more photos soon.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
It's more of a small 'check' red and silver/white with small I dont know what you'd call them...hmm almost a basket weave emblem thing if it makes sense, the tie has no tags at all no lining and no rear loop, it's also short with a wide-ish tip at around 3 1/4"....currently it's hanging up to dry....get this I suspect it's an early artificial fibre?

Tinypic now behaving itself...hopefully
2rzw8kj.jpg

again image is pre washing and colours aren't quite right.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
PM me TT if there's one you are particularly interested in, here's some better shots taken after very careful washing and ironing;

'Lochmarl' pure wool 'tassle' tie 49" long, tip 2 3/4"
fe032h.jpg

'Argyle' all wool tie 52" long 2 1/4" tip
rjm5xw.jpg

'Tootal' 'red quality' all cotton with assymetrical 3 1/4" tip, 46" long
2nssuux.jpg

'Tootal' 'blue quality' cotton and rayon with assymetrical 3 1/2" tip, 48" long
2v15503.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Next up two unknown material ties, first a 'Folkspeare' made for 'Masons' of Frechville street Sheffield 12 -it's a keeper A because I like it and B because it's local, It's 49" long with a 2 3/4" tip, it feels like silk but possibly rayon?
ela5fs.jpg

919qts.jpg
2lsadj4.jpg

last tie and unmarked, feels like man made fibre quite rigid, early terylene?
2u5s56p.jpg

it's 45" long with a 4" assymetrical tip
smayo3.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Drat - I was rather hoping you'd be letting that one go!

The cotton/rayon mix Tootal ties are rather nice. They have a rather distinctive feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88