Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've won a couple tie auctions recently. I love most of the ties I have now, but so many have one of or a combination of moth bites, fraying, or stains. So I figure I can get a few clean ones out of these, plus I really like some of the patterns. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll all be nice. Probably not.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's the tie I wore today. I also discovered that I can scan ties in my scanner.
lastscan.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's the tie I'm wearing today.
It's made by V.C. Williams of Homestead, PA. I have 5 ties from this shop/maker; they all came in a lot on ebay. The rest of the ones are all the same tie, just in 4 different color schemes.

The way the pattern is, the knot ties entirely with those little black/blue polka dots.
lastscan-1.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
All of 'em

Well boys, I finally got a camera so here's all my ties, vintage of course. No gimmicks this time, no fuzzy camera-phone shots, here's the real deal.
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

A close up of the frayed edge. (Still don't know if I like them or not.)
IMG_0029.jpg

Hand-painted palm tree.
IMG_0030.jpg

The red-white-and-blue one is made out of Nylon.
IMG_0031.jpg

Hand-painted Bunsen Burner...for a science teacher?
IMG_0032.jpg

50s stuff
IMG_0034.jpg

Close-up of hand-painted fish. I like it.

That's about it for now. Any questions or comments, go ahead and ask away.

The real Henry

Practically Family
Three years ago I saw this tie in an online shop and since then it has always been one of my favourite ties. I know some people here think the paisley design looks too 1970s for their taste, but it's vintage 1920s. I'm finally able to buy it and with a matching hankie I don't think that 36$ is too much.

3613.jpg

Regards,
Henrik

Marc Chevalier said:
Great find, JP!

Collecting (pre Ralph Lauren) clothing with polo motifs could be a niche in itself.

OviattsandFlorsheim049.jpg

Well, I figured for $4.95 it was a good deal. I also want to see if the purple is part of the pattern or just sewn on. I am guessing part of the pattern. :D
I didn't know that about polo inspired accoutrements. I wonder how much there actually is out there. [huh]

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like that Stetson tie.

Here are a few new ones:
ties.jpg

And (gasp) some vintage clip-on bow ties. I love 'em:
bowties002.jpg

Last but not least, a nice little USAAF tie clasp:
USAAFtieclasp.jpg

Billy

Staff online

Forum statistics