Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
005-8.jpg

Nice...Any labels?

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
I love these ones that, when tied properly, the knots end up like this....there a term for that?? ;)

I think they're referred to in Fit to Be Tied as "knot-plan" ties. I like them too. They're some of my favourites.

EDIT - This quote from Fit to Be Tied, page 21: "Knot-planned ties by Hut: the pattern always ties in place." Hut ad - Apparel Arts January 1945.

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. I have about 40 vintage ties from the 40s and 50s that I've been collecting since the late 1980s. I feel ready to post a few on here soon!

Doc Average said:
I think they're referred to in Fit to Be Tied as "knot-plan" ties. I like them too. They're some of my favourites.

EDIT - This quote from Fit to Be Tied, page 21: "Knot-planned ties by Hut: the pattern always ties in place." Hut ad - Apparel Arts January 1945.

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. I have about 40 vintage ties from the 40s and 50s that I've been collecting since the late 1980s. I feel ready to post a few on here soon!

You got it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I love the knot plan ties as they add a new dimension to a tie. The knot being a different pattern makes it look good from top to bottom.
By all means post away---especially knot planned ties. :D

looks to be quite a few potential vintage ones in there. The far right cream next to blue/pink. I'd bet both of those are middle 50s and earlier. The maroon one to the right of the palm tree is showing its underside and good possibility of being an unlined woven silk 30s number. There's a plaid one there at the top, too that i'd bet on. All in all i'd say you'll pluck quite a number of good 'uns out of there. :eusa_clap

bk

HarpPlayerGene said:
Looks like a good buy, jp.

And admit it; there must also be a sort of perverted pleasure you get from cringing at the out-takes! lol

lol lol lol You might be right. I have gotten some really ugly ties from such lots over the years---most of them from the 70s though. I pass the ugly ones by my wife before I show her the good ones. lol lol lol
I got in another lot a while back that had some ties that belong in the ugly ties contest thread. It makes you wonder what they were thinking.
I should start an Ugly Ties I Have Gotten or Received thread. :p

Baron Kurtz said:
looks to be quite a few potential vintage ones in there. The far right cream next to blue/pink. I'd bet both of those are middle 50s and earlier. The maroon one to the right of the palm tree is showing its underside and good possibility of being an unlined woven silk 30s number. There's a plaid one there at the top, too that i'd bet on. All in all i'd say you'll pluck quite a number of good 'uns out of there. :eusa_clap

bk

Good eyes there. You picked out just about every one that looked good to me as well. The far right ones were also ones that I figured might be interesting as well.
I missed the possible 30s tie next to the palm tree tie. I guess I was focusing too much on the palm trees.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken