Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
A couple of Goodwill finds yesterday...early 60s and late 50s. Goat head(?) and horse head. There were other narrow ones, but these were the best. [huh]

horseheads100.jpg
[/IMG]

I like 'em both! Can't wait to see the pig and chicken...

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Hexenmeister said:
I have a pressing cloth I use to iron my good shirts, would that work as well?

And going back to The Cordial Churchman, you can even send her a neck tie, and she will make it into a bow tie. I think it costs about the same as all the other ties.

Yes, a pressing cloth should work. And don't tell jamespowers about turning neckties into bows!:eusa_doh:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I'll be posting the ties I wear to work each day (if I don't get lazy). Excluding repeats, of course.

Today:
001-16.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Hexenmeister said:
And going back to The Cordial Churchman, you can even send her a neck tie, and she will make it into a bow tie. I think it costs about the same as all the other ties.
That is not a bad option for ties too worn to wear.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I found this tie in a charity shop a few weeks ago.
133648.jpg

133705.jpg

133732.jpg

Here's a picture of me wearing it just to show the thickness of the knot.
133952.jpg

The texture and label appear vintage to me, but unlike most vintage ties I've seen it isn't unlined. Could someone tell me which era it could be from? My original guess is 50s as its not skinny enough for a 60s tie and the texture isn't anything like the 70s ones I've seen.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
avedwards said:
I found this tie in a charity shop a few weeks ago.
133648.jpg

133705.jpg

133732.jpg

Here's a picture of me wearing it just to show the thickness of the knot.
133952.jpg

The texture and label appear vintage to me, but unlike most vintage ties I've seen it isn't unlined. Could someone tell me which era it could be from? My original guess is 50s as its not skinny enough for a 60s tie and the texture isn't anything like the 70s ones I've seen.

That's late '60s-'70s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken