Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Can I encourage you? ;)

mohair

006-7.jpg

BinkieBaumont said:
My Favourite tie at the moment, although i have not had chance to wear it, it really does need my linen suit, and cream shirt ,rather unusual tones of peach, ochre brown, and grey, I purchased it from a fellow lounger
I have just discovered that you can Scan ties so much better.

I would easily wear that with a brown shade suit. The gray might be a bit or a stretch with it but the other colors would overpower it.
That is a Superb tie. ;)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Any labels on that one? Kind of looks like a Priestley's Nor East or Palm Beach fabric. I know the Palm Beach fabric has mohair in it. :D

The only tag:
"Spur"

Today:
007-7.jpg

No tags.

Feraud said:
What do you do with the rejects?

They make good kindling for winter. ;) :p
There were a fair amount of rejects in that group but much less than I thought there would be. There were several Palm Beach ties in there along with some wembleys and a host of other old tie brands.
The palm tree tie I bought it for has several moth holes so.... [huh]
My rejects probably would work for some but I don't wear skinny, skinny ties and I don't wear boring patterns. Most importantly, I don't wear 70s ties.
I washed about five of them to see how they would come out and four out of the five came out fine. The fifth was likely silk and it was already shattering before I washed it anyway. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken