Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
linensuit.jpg

J. Peterman off-white 100% linen suit
J. Peterman blue 100% linen "Simoom" shirt
Vintage-esque tie
Cordovan shoes
Panama

Just picked up the suit.

Dagwood

Practically Family
Brooks Brothers suit and shirt, DKNY tie, Beau Ties, Ltd. pocket square, and Cole Haan shoes. Since the picture was taken in the shade, I had to adjust the picture quality.

b_190928.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Mr. Rover said:
Very sweet 50s look! You own it!

Thanks Ray. Coming from you, I am very honored.

Jovan said:
Vintage Brooks Brothers...?

Believe it or not, I bought it at the Brooks Brothers outlet store in Camarillo (California) about 3-4 years ago. I need to get a better picture so you can see the pattern in the suit.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
That Brooks Brothers outlet store in Camarillo is where I get alot of my stuff. I used to live across the freeway from the shop and... well. You can't beat the sport coat prices and plenty of stylish shirts on sale in many many fabric styles.

They now have shoes made specifically for the outlets.

Good lookin'

Dagwood

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Specifically made for outlets? Sounds... cheap. :(

I jumped on the web and found this article from Consumer Reports. It notes, in relevant part: "Eddie Bauer, Brooks Brothers, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, and many others sometimes tweak their regular-store apparel for outlet stores. But outlet-only goods aren't necessarily worse."

The article further notes: "We found that differences between outlet-only and regular merchandise were usually barely perceptible. An elastic waistband and an extra button and loop were all that distinguished a $36 pair of Brooks Brothers cotton pajamas purchased at an outlet from a $70 full-price pair."

Also, "The only easily identified for-outlet merchandise we saw came from L.L. Bean, marked 'Factory Store,' and from Brooks Brothers, where such products carry the company's '346' label. Merchandise that migrated from the Brooks Brothers retailers bear a label with 'Brooks Brothers' in script."

Thus, it appears that Brooks does ship items to their outlet stores from their retail store and, if not, still puts out a good product that is otherwise hard to distinguish from the higher priced retail stores.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Brooks Brothers "346" Brand is their outlet brand. Typically, if it is not labeled as such, it is their regular line.

Their dress shirts are typically regular Brooks Bros and you will see the same color-coded tags. The differences in the ties is negligible. The difference in suits is perceptable, especially to us.

However, the "346" brand is still excellent and on par with many regular brands. Look at the disparity between J. Crew and J. Crew Outlet; extremely drastic.

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Hello to all,

I won this Southwick suit on E-bay, my first one ever, first try ever, and it has been lost in shipping! Only $69.00. It's a shame, because I really think it is beautiful.

Chuck

suit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82