Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

The real Henry

Practically Family
Okey, first I have to say something:

1. Baron Kurtz I'm so sad that lovely tweed SB suit fits you!:rage: :p

2. Havershaw you own some of the best suits I've ever seen around here!
Could it be possible that a special movie from 1981 made you choose those great shoes?;) :eusa_clap

Here's the first pic of my finally finished outfit(Please ignore the date!):

20qymo5.jpg

and the B&W version:

20qynad.jpg

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
The Boys Lookin Cool !!!

The real Henry said:
Okey, first I have to say something:

1. Baron Kurtz I'm so sad that lovely tweed SB suit fits you!:rage: :p

2. Havershaw you own some of the best suits I've ever seen around here!
Could it be possible that a special movie from 1981 made you choose those great shoes?;) :eusa_clap

Here's the first pic of my finally finished outfit(Please ignore the date!):

20qymo5.jpg

and the B&W version:

20qynad.jpg

Henry, thats a nice pic - the bow tie looks good and the hat and jacket complement each other perfectly. Is the shirt a kind of cream or 'off white' colour? if so that's a good choice. What trousers and shoes are you wearing in this outfit ?

havershaw

Practically Family
Great, great look! It looks great on you.
Yeah, the Aldens are comfy comfy shoes. I do tend to wear vintage wingtips or cap ends...but all of mine are getting progressively more and more beatup, and I finally took them to a reputable shoeshop a few weeks ago and can wear them again.
Seriously...that bowtie is key! The whole look is very very natural on you.

The real Henry

Practically Family
Thanks to everyone!

In those pics I'm wearing brown-grey pants and Indy-style boots. Actually the whole outfit is from Indiana Jones from the hat to the shoes. Just the bow tie is not accurate, but I think that's good, because it gives the outfit a personal note! But I think you can imagine that a Tweed coat can be pretty hot in the summer, so this is what I wan for summer:

b1_1.JPG

78_1.JPG

Pics of the whole person will follow!;)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The real Henry said:
Thanks to everyone!

In those pics I'm wearing brown-grey pants and Indy-style boots. Actually the whole outfit is from Indiana Jones from the hat to the shoes. Just the bow tie is not accurate, but I think that's good, because it gives the outfit a personal note! But I think you can imagine that a Tweed coat can be pretty hot in the summer, so this is what I wan for summer:

b1_1.JPG

78_1.JPG

That's a pretty nice suit. What's the material? It has a definate waist which is nice. I hope you can get it!

ArrowCollarMan, You're looking good there,well done! It's hard to tell by the pictures the actual color. White or cream (off-white)? I like everything you've got there. I think it might be even better with a vintage 30s or 40s tie. Of course I'm partial to the short ties myself-I just picked up a 42" 30s one in stripes today.:)

The real Henry

Practically Family
It a pure linen coat and as you can see by Hugo Boss. If you have a look at ebay.com and search for for regular new suit you will find out that many coats and suits of big companies like Armani, Boss and so on are pretty vintage-looking!

Wild Root

Gone Home
The real Henry said:
Thanks to everyone!

b1_1.JPG

78_1.JPG

Be careful!!! It appears to have a nice waist but... it can be trick photography! I'll explain a trick of the trade.

Ever notice how suits always look better on display in a Department store? Well, the reason for that is PINS! They take and pin it in the back to give it a real nice shape. So, from the front, it gives it an hourglass shape.

Just be careful Henry, just be careful.

=WR=

PS. Indy did wear a bowtie in the first film with his tweed. ;) I like your bowtie better!

Wild Root's right about being careful. Just go to Brooks Brothers and see what they have on the mannequins. The jacketslook pinched at the hips, but when you look behind, you find it's all pinned up. Then you try one on and....sheesh!

That's a fine summer suit, ArrowMan. What are the details on it? New? Vintage?

Regards,

Senator Jack

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yep, you'll try one of them on and say: Hey, where's my hourglass fit?! It's a sad trick they play on us but, that's what modern suits are like. Also, take a look at the subway tunnel sized arm holes. I do like the fabric, the stripe is very 1930's and it is a nice high cut 3 button... the lapels aren't bad either. I guess all we're saying is don't be surprised when you put it on and you don't get an hourglass fit.

Arrowcollarman... I was going to say something about your linen suit... I like it, it's not a bad looking suit. It looks nice for this hot California weather we've been having! One little itsy bitsy tip though... pull up your trousers! lol A true gentleman would wear them just a tad higher then one's peers. ;) Oh, one more thing, you wear your hat just the way one should! Cocked to one side! Perfect!!! :eusa_clap

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
This just ended on ebay, thought I'd share the photos... it's not mine but, man, is it FINE! Any suit in this green/blue color is rare as I'll get out!!!

16120012_o.jpg

16120058_o.jpg

Also, it's a Heart Schaffner & Marx bench made suit!

16120092_o.jpg

16120094_o.jpg

16120014_o.jpg

This little guy sold for 249.00 buy it now... totally worth every penny! I only wish it was my size.:rolleyes:

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
"Bench Made" was the finest line of suits that Hart, Schaffner & Marx produced in the '30s and '40s. It followed the lines of English bespoke suits, and most of the work was done by hand. Hart, Schaffner & Marx dropped its "Bench Made" line in the 1950s.

Here is a 1930s "Bench Made" that I sold a while ago:

IMG_1201_edited-2.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah yes, I remember that one! The $249.00 price tag on that green one that just sold is a drop in the bucket for an original Bench made H.S&M suit!

Wish it was me size says I, Arrrrrr!

=WR=

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe