Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
thrifted Thursday for $5.
I've treated them with Saphir Renavateur, and will give them a bit of wax tomorrow.

Google shows they're from a shop in Minnesota, but that's all I know.

before (after to come)
DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

davestlouis

Practically Family
More O'Sullivan heels...those have led a rough life, but they may spring back to life with some attention from you. The pattern of the perforations on the toe is identical on my JC Penney Classics, and I suspect they came out of the same factory.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
I propose that Gene be banned from posting his gets on this thread as they're making me sick. Who's with me?

sproily said:
HarpPlayerGene said:

Shell leather?

He was painful with his great hat ''scores'' and since I turned him (I take full responsibility) into a vintage shoe tragic he has become insufferable. Imagine scoring a pair of Broadstreets for USD5? R Retail was USD305 before they were removed from production. Only he would have the luck to find them and for no one else to buy these gems...banning my be in the offing if he starts scoring J&M Handmades or similar...

Lefty said:
thrifted Thursday for $5.
I've treated them with Saphir Renavateur, and will give them a bit of wax tomorrow.

Google shows they're from a shop in Minnesota, but that's all I know.

Great score...Crosby Square was among the top 5 makers (deceased) in the US of A.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
There's still work to do, but a little Saphir hazelnut has moved things along.

Fantastic! :eusa_clap

Several of my best pairs came into my possession in fairly shabby shape. Well made vintage shoes can usually be refurb'd and they are worth the effort. :)

LuckyKat

Practically Family
Oh man...I love vintage shoes...
If anone is SELLING VINTAGE 2-tone shoes or single colored suede shoes in size 9 through 11, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I will buy them, trade for clothes, suits, hats, or whatever you're looking for!

This is just part of my collection (but this picture is about 2 years old, so my collection has grown a lot since & I have sold a few pairs).

l_110fda68858365856d80738b01deac13.jpg

The only reproductions in the picture are the sneakers & they're made by Colchester Rubber Co (which was the first sneaker ever made in 1892-pre converse!)!

davestlouis

Practically Family
I bought a pair of British Walkers "Custom" Made in USA burgundy calf gunboats today, with almost new 1/2 soles and Cats Paw heels, for $8.99 at Value Village. A quick shine and they look fantastic!

Warbaby

One Too Many
I scored these snappy white cap toes at the thrift store yesterday. Oddly, here's no indication of the maker. Also oddly, the marked size (9-9 1/2 E) appears to be incorrect. I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 and while they're a bit too narrow, they fit fine in the length. Since they haven't really been broken in, they're fairly stiff but I'm going to walk them around the house for a few days and see if they loosen up to where they're comfortable enough to wear.

Any thoughts on dating them or who the maker might be?

WhiteShoes1.jpg

WhiteShoes4.jpg

WhiteShoes7.jpg

WhiteShoes5.jpg

WhiteShoes6.jpg

WhiteShoes3.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Warbaby said:
I scored these snappy white cap toes at the thrift store yesterday. Oddly, here's no indication of the maker. Also oddly, the marked size (9-9 1/2 E) appears to be incorrect. I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 and while they're a bit too narrow, they fit fine in the length. Since they haven't really been broken in, they're fairly stiff but I'm going to walk them around the house for a few days and see if they loosen up to where they're comfortable enough to wear.

Any thoughts on dating them or who the maker might be?

My girlfriend has that exact pair, and they pop up in the thrift shop here quite frequently. I think they might be uniform shoes? Navy maybe?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Got these Gold Bonds the other day. Also found the 1959 newspaper ad which corresponds to their logo and the Canadian retail store where they were sold.

I was drawn to the textured grain of the leather. Makes them even more 'country casual' in my opinion. The leather is soft-ish and I used a low gloss polish because it just seemed appropriate.

Can anyone tell me what kind of leather (or treatment) this is?...

DSCN1931.jpg

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN1939.jpg

1959GldBondHarttAdpt1.png

1959GldBondHarttAdpt2.png

cookie

I'll Lock Up
LuckyKat said:
Oh man...I love vintage shoes...
If anone is SELLING VINTAGE 2-tone shoes or single colored suede shoes in size 9 through 11, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I will buy them, trade for clothes, suits, hats, or whatever you're looking for!

This is just part of my collection (but this picture is about 2 years old, so my collection has grown a lot since & I have sold a few pairs).

l_110fda68858365856d80738b01deac13.jpg

The only reproductions in the picture are the sneakers & they're made by Colchester Rubber Co (which was the first sneaker ever made in 1892-pre converse!)!

second row second left what are those? and what about the ones last on row two? The last ones on the bottom right line look like the Nettletons I gave Harp player Gene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe