Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Mojito

One Too Many
NicolettaRose said:
I believe it is burnt out Velvet which the seller described as being like fish scales, and the rest is a silk crepe/charmois.
I thought it might be! Those burn out velvet 20s fabrics are so lovely. I also love the colour - looks like it's one of those lovely darker blue shades you see in that era. The beautiful midnights, cobalts, saphires etc.

Daisy, those shoes look marvellously comfortable as well as stylish. As usual, I can only envy everyone with a human footsize that can buy vintage footwear!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just won these for $26, and they're a size 9. I have no idea why they went for so little. The insides are worn, but the exterior is perfectly fine. Cheap!!
08f8_1.JPG

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo Daisy, wish I could fly up and meet your Bobby and go thru some shoes with you... esp. since we don't wear the same size, lol! Love the polkadot dress!

Ladystardust you have really been burning your eyes out on the bay haven't you! That yellow dress is a dream.. is it barkcloth or just a rayon or cotton print?

I need a second job.

Nikki

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy, did I tell you I went to Bobby's warehouse before I moved? I went through about 7 boxes of shoes...and only found one pair in my size! Darn these size 9.5's of mine! But I bought a dress too, and he threw in a pair of stockings for free...so overall it was worth it. I think I spent something like $50 on the dress and shoes. Certainly a bargain!

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Mojito, Bella and Nikki!!

Bella, I'm so glad you got to go to Bobby's and got a dress and a pair of shoes. He is such a character, and a sweet guy to. He greets me with a big hug and a kiss every time I visit his shoppe. I'm amazed by the amounts of tiny vintage shoes out there. I wear a size 7 and have trouble finding shoes big enough! I thought my feet were tiny until I started trying to find vintage ones. It seems that the majority are size 6.5 and below, and more often than not they are AAAAA's.

Daisy Buchanan

He's in Boston. He's got sooo much stuff, he supplies wardrobe for a lot of movies, it would be great if he would open up on line. He could make a fortune. But, he already is and an online shoppe would mean more paper work for him, so I doubt he'll do it.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Once I figure out how on earth I use the finger wave clips and manage to make a somewhat viewable hairstyle with them, I'll show some pics!!

Here are my finds for the day.
I'm psyched about the shoes, they were a bargain. I just hope they fit. I don't usually buy shoes on ebay for it has been my past experience that sellers don't know how to measure them properly. But, I couldn't pass these beauties up. After trying on shoes all day yesterday at the vintage shoppe, I've come to realize that some vintage heels are actually more comfortable than modern ones. So usually I stick to a lower heel, but I thought I'd give some higher ones a try. If they don't fit I can always put them in the classifieds here:)
I'm psyched about the dress, but paid a pretty penny for it so I hope it's in as good of a condition as the seller claims.

Lovely Daisy! I would love to have a pair of shoes like those.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
shoes!!

These are not retro,but they had a retro feel to me, plus they had a chunky heel, which is such a plus to me. I had to dress up for a formal dinner when I graduated from the apprenticeship a few years ago and got the heel of my shoe caught in the elevator door thing. Needless to say, it wa ws hilarous sight and thank goodness it was just family around whent that happened lol

They are a brown/burgondy color and "reptiled" pattern. Found them donated at Goodwill's clearence center. Price on shoe, $4.00, since shoes are 75% off there, they only cost $1!:eusa_clap
And new with the tag still on!
Photo0106.jpg
Photo0107.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
These are not retro,but they had a retro feel to me, plus they had a chunky heel, which is such a plus to me. I had to dress up for a formal dinner when I graduated from the apprenticeship a few years ago and got the heel of my shoe caught in the elevator door thing. Needless to say, it wa ws hilarous sight and thank goodness it was just family around whent that happened lol

They are a brown/burgondy color and "reptiled" pattern. Found them donated at Goodwill's clearence center. Price on shoe, $4.00, since shoes are 75% off there, they only cost $1!:eusa_clap
And new with the tag still on!
Photo0106.jpg
Photo0107.jpg

Oh wow, great find! I'm meaning to get over to all the donation shops this week. It's getting close to tax time and you never know what people will donate for the write offs :D

Daisy Buchanan

Thank you Decobelle:)

Here's what I won on the bay last night. I've been going a little crazy lately, really should stop. But I swear this is just a phase! I also have phases where I don't buy anything at all for months, so I'm just making up for lost time!!

I'm especially psyched about the green shoes. Many of you ladies know how I feel about my Naturalizer shoes (modern ones), well these are Naturalizer, so I finally got a pair of vintage ones. I'm also a bit thrilled about the cotton house dress. I haven't won one in a while (thanks ezsnipe:)). I don't like lounging around the house in my nice dresses, I usually throw on a pair of "cutie pajamies" when I get home, so I don't wrinkle up my dress. I think a cotton house dress is the most comfortable outfit for doing things around the house, or just hanging out. I don't have too many. They aren't all that flattering on me, but then again I"m only wearing it around the house and they are super comfy!
I think the black dress will be prettier in person. Black is so hard to photograph.

Daisy Buchanan said:
Thank you Decobelle:)

Here's what I won on the bay last night. I've been going a little crazy lately, really should stop. But I swear this is just a phase! I also have phases where I don't buy anything at all for months, so I'm just making up for lost time!!

I'm especially psyched about the green shoes. Many of you ladies know how I feel about my Naturalizer shoes (modern ones), well these are Naturalizer, so I finally got a pair of vintage ones. I'm also a bit thrilled about the cotton house dress. I haven't won one in a while (thanks ezsnipe:)). I don't like lounging around the house in my nice dresses, I usually throw on a pair of "cutie pajamies" when I get home, so I don't wrinkle up my dress. I think a cotton house dress is the most comfortable outfit for doing things around the house, or just hanging out. I don't have too many. They aren't all that flattering on me, but then again I"m only wearing it around the house and they are super comfy!
I think the black dress will be prettier in person. Black is so hard to photograph.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the house dress Daisy!! The green shoes are terrific too!
I am in the process of loosing weight so I am not buing any vintage readymade untill I am smaller. I guess thats why I am stocking up on fabric.lol

Kim_B

Practically Family
I hope y'all don't mind that I'm living vicariously through you :) I'm not buying any thing else until I completely give up on sewing a skirt and until I loose a little weight...and let's just say, at this rate I'll never buy anything again!

Daisy, those green shoes are fabulous!! I am so reluctant to purchase any vintage shoes online...I have a hard enough time buying modern shoes in stores, I can't begin to imagine finding vintage shoes that will fit properly!

G

GoldLeaf

Daisy - I had that cotton house dress on my watch list. I really, really wanted it, and was going to bid at the last minute - but the hubby and the budget didn't agree lol Very glad that it went to one of the FL ladies! I hope you enjoy it! I thought it looked very cute :)

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Ladies!!!
I'm trying to drop a few pounds too, but I can't stop myself from buying. I figure by the time I lose the weight I'll have finally figured out my sewing machine and I can just tailor things down!
But then again, I'm pretty sure that I'll keep buying!! It's quite an addiction, as you ladies all know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe