Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its lovely. Is the dress wearable, or are they taking it for show? Its construction seems simple against that luscious web pattern *mmm*. I hope they repo it. A gown that lovely needs to have babies :)

LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really don't know it's intended purpose. Apparently, my customer has an unreliable interne provider. It took me almost two weeks to get paid, because he never knew he won the auction. I just didn't bother with a conversation, because the poor buyer was having enough problems on his own.

I normally try to ask and occasionally include a special gift to the recipient, depending on what the customer's purpose is. I've thrown in matching hats with dresses for free, just because I liked the customer.

It's very wearable and very very comfortable, because there is absolutely no body. It's just a simple sheath with a stretchy overcoat.

I've had almost no interest in it for the 9 months I've tried selling it. I'm actually shocked.:confused:

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
You really can't tell what people will love,[huh] It's exactly the same at my gallery, we go "this is awesome!!" and no one even glances at it, other times we go "I'll never be able to sell that' and it's out the door in 20 minutes.[huh]
I guess art and fashion are too mercuric to predictlol :eusa_doh:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Its lovely. Is the dress wearable, or are they taking it for show? Its construction seems simple against that luscious web pattern *mmm*. I hope they repo it. A gown that lovely needs to have babies :)

LD
Ha!lol

The dress is lovely. I'm always on the lookout for item's that are different, in particular patterns that are not "typical"
I believe it is Miss Neecerie who has a wonderful collection of dresses with very fun patterns, hmmm?
Well, this one certainly is wonderful. I see gowns as wearable pieces of art, this certainly is one of those.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Dress

This is the dress I got that I had to alter the arms. I wound up haveing to make them a little shorter.
66.jpg

I really loved the, not sure if you'd call them pleats, (my sewing terms are basically sew and stitch and hem..lol) at the collar.
67.jpg

I really nned to get a new cord for my digi cam, taking pics myself with the cell phone cam is a pain in the tuckus!
Photo0118.jpg
Photo0116.jpg

In the pic of the dress it looks like its a natural waist, but on me its more of an empire waist, love it though. Now I need to sculpt off a few inches so I can get the suit I bought to fit. Wound up being smaller than I figured. I was thinking of giving it to my sis, don't think she'd wear it since it is wool though, and spring/summer is fastly approaching here!

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Well now I have my camera working I can finally show you the little hat I picked up in a charity shop for £2 last weekend. I'm not sure what it was about it but it just yelled buy me! I was so pleased - I just have to fugure out how to wear it now :eek:

hat2.jpg
hat1.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I love the spider web redingote, Betty! A friend of mine has a late 30s evening gown with a beaded spider web on the bodice; apparently spider webs, though unusual, appeared more often than we might think! :)

Lovely hat, Amber! I would wear it tilted forward over reverse rolls, or perched and centered on top of my head.

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh, I so wish I could find great hats that fit me in charity shops!

I was in a remote, tiny NZ town some weeks ago, and the local charity shop had the most absolutely fab hats on the manequins in the window. I told my friends I was absolutely sure they were 1930s. Went in and looked around - the only thing in the shop worth looking it for vintage purposes were the hats. I asked if they were for sale - nope! They'd been loaned to the owner of the shop by the hats' original owner's grand daughter. She took them down for me to look at and admire.

Here's a recent purchase - a Mandalian purse (modelled by my favourite bronze, after Chiparus). Not only is the fringe entirely intact, it even has the original lining (with just a spot or two on it). No photo I've taken can do this pretty, slinky little item justice. I wish I had the money to collect these! As it is, I'd have to give up vintage clothing to go with 1920s mesh, beaded and chainlink purses if I wanted to collect Mandalian and Whiting & Davis.

Pic020.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Jitterbugdoll, you are just darling in that hat and dress!

Today I went to the Remix store and wasn't really planning on buying anything, but once I started looking at all of the shoes I couldn't help myself. Plus, the guy working there (probably the owner?) gave me a fabulous deal I couldn't resist. He took $40 off the price tag if I paid in cash, cos I was a college student! He's such a nice guy.

Anyway, I bought the "Gloria" wedgies in navy blue and white (the ones shown are black & white):

blackwhitegloria.JPG

They were expensive but worth it! The bow is removeable so it's like a 2 for 1 shoe!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
"Today I went to the Remix store and wasn't really planning on buying anything, but once I started looking at all of the shoes I couldn't help myself. Plus, the guy working there (probably the owner?) gave me a fabulous deal I couldn't resist. He took $40 off the price tag if I paid in cash, cos I was a college student! He's such a nice guy.

Anyway, I bought the "Gloria" wedgies in navy blue and white (the ones shown are black & white):

blackwhitegloria.JPG

They were expensive but worth it! The bow is removeable so it's like a 2 for 1 shoe![/QUOTE]

PT: Can you go get those for me. They are perfect, excatly what I'm looking for. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!! How come they are not the website?

Shearer

Practically Family
Mojito said:
Oh, I so wish I could find great hats that fit me in charity shops!

I was in a remote, tiny NZ town some weeks ago, and the local charity shop had the most absolutely fab hats on the manequins in the window. I told my friends I was absolutely sure they were 1930s. Went in and looked around - the only thing in the shop worth looking it for vintage purposes were the hats. I asked if they were for sale - nope! They'd been loaned to the owner of the shop by the hats' original owner's grand daughter. She took them down for me to look at and admire.

Here's a recent purchase - a Mandalian purse (modelled by my favourite bronze, after Chiparus). Not only is the fringe entirely intact, it even has the original lining (with just a spot or two on it). No photo I've taken can do this pretty, slinky little item justice. I wish I had the money to collect these! As it is, I'd have to give up vintage clothing to go with 1920s mesh, beaded and chainlink purses if I wanted to collect Mandalian and Whiting & Davis.

Pic020.jpg

Mojito, as a purse obsessionist, I congratulate you on your find, but it's your bronze sculpture that's got me in a tizzy! :eek:
It's beautiful! There's just something about the pose and the way the clothes are draping and flowing that is just gorgeous!
Before I read your post, I thought you were showing off your bronze.
I love it, it's just lovely.

Grace

Vendor
Two of my most recent (and favorite!) purchases:

My vintage 50s lime print halter dress:
DSCN5008.jpg

And my vintage 50s black and white leopard spot dress (check out the bodice!!), purchased from The Vintage Peacock at Mainstreet Vintage
DSCN5104.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh what wonderful finds ladies!
JBD I loooooove that dress and hat! I'm trying to find a few nice ones, and the green is just spectacular on you!:)

Grace the black and white dress is just divine!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe