Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Hahah, the crazy thing is they were Buy It Now for only $25! I had been watching them for a few days too until I decided to splurge today. I can't believe no one snatched them up before I did!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
damnit! i'm always on the look out for black t-bars with a lowish chunky heel. they're ace, pigeontoe.

Daisy that day dress is beautiful. you have to post pics of you with your finger waves

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I bought this dress this morning, I am so excited, I love it!

blueflapper.JPG

blueflapper1.JPG

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
nicoletta, that's absolutely stunning.

i think you began a thread about dressing 20's-30's and why more don't? i have to say, while i *adore* this dress, it would look awful on me. late 30's-New Look do best on me, for perhaps a bunch of reasons. my lines aren't long enough for 20's, and i've got curves which get lost in these styles, but that doesn't stop me from admiring others and coveting their finds... like this one.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Thanks!!! I am actually fairly petite ( 5'3), but I have a long torso, so 1920's 1930's styles work the best for me, as well as 1960's little mini dresses and shifts. Generally stuff from the 1950's-1940's dosn't work so well for me, a lot of it ends up being too big somewhere or another.

Mojito

One Too Many
Lovely dress, Nicolleta! I particularly like the button detailingon the lower part. What material is it? Velvet with satin side panels?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Such wonderful goodies ladies! Hmm.. Badmamajama, Looks like I need to go to Kohl's and pick up that blouse too!
Great shoes everyone!
Daisy please do show your hair after trying the wave clips. What a find!
LadyStardust you have *really* picked up some nice suits/dress!

I had a good shopping day yesterday and will have to load pics. I got a pink gingham playsuit, burgandy gaberdine skirt, and two white blouses. $50 for all, woohoo!

I was haunting the shops down on Cherokee St. in St. Louis. One shop had the MOST amazing vintage 40's platforms. None to fit me, not that it would matter! They were all about $200 or more! A pair of brown crock ankle strap peeps, a lovely pair of navy peeps with a delicate cutout in eyelet/teardrop shapes, another brown hair that were also crock I think but they had these big cool "nubby" things on the sides. Oh, they were SO tiny, sniff...

Nikki

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Once I figure out how on earth I use the finger wave clips and manage to make a somewhat viewable hairstyle with them, I'll show some pics!!

Here are my finds for the day.
I'm psyched about the shoes, they were a bargain. I just hope they fit. I don't usually buy shoes on ebay for it has been my past experience that sellers don't know how to measure them properly. But, I couldn't pass these beauties up. After trying on shoes all day yesterday at the vintage shoppe, I've come to realize that some vintage heels are actually more comfortable than modern ones. So usually I stick to a lower heel, but I thought I'd give some higher ones a try. If they don't fit I can always put them in the classifieds here:)
I'm psyched about the dress, but paid a pretty penny for it so I hope it's in as good of a condition as the seller claims.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Mojito said:
Lovely dress, Nicolleta! I particularly like the button detailingon the lower part. What material is it? Velvet with satin side panels?

Thanks!! I have not gotton it yet, just won it on Ebay. I believe it is burnt out Velvet which the seller described as being like fish scales, and the rest is a silk crepe/charmois. I think it is early 1920's because of the little insert inside. I see that on a lot of Edwardian dresses.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Those are great shoes, Daisy! I have a similar pair and they are very comfortable. I actually find that vintage shoes are usually more comfortable then modern pairs when you are lucky enough to come across a pair in the right size. :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Wonderful finds everyone! Such amazing style you all have! :)
And thank you to everyone who left kind comments about mine, you are really too kind. :eek:

Picked up these two today:
1bff_1.JPG

1940's
eBayFebruary18037.jpg

1920's

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ThankYou!! JBD Shoo and Lady Stardust!
I'm glad to hear that somebody else finds vintage shoes more comfy. I tried on a great pair yesterday and even though they had a very high heel my arch didn't feel strained at all. But alas, they were a wee bit too short and my toes felt too scrunched, so I had to put them back on the shelf:(The man who owns the vintage shoppe that Hem and I frequent has a big warehouse literally filled floor to ceiling with vintage goodies. A lot of it is in boxes, but he is in the process of buying more space in the warehouse and emptying the boxes. He said he has between 30 and 40 boxes filled with ladies vintage shoes!!!!! I have been to the warehouse, it is amazing, but the boxes were piled too high to go through every one of them. But, he has informed me that they will be empty soon, and as soon as they are he will call me so I can meet him there and pick out shoes and other vintage clothes!!! His name is Bobby, he's a bit pricey, but all of his stuff is top notch. I actually just bought a gorgeous dark green velvet early 30's, chin length dress with 2 deco brooches at the neck. I'll have to take some pic's of it. He's such a sweetheart, he took $25 off the price, even though it is in perfect like new condition. I'm really looking forward to my next journey to his warehouse of vintage!:)

Lady Stardust, I love both of those dresses. I actually thought of bidding on the second one, but had gone over budget this weekend:( I'm so glad it went to a Flounger, at least I know it went to someone who will treasure it. Have fun wearing it, it is darling:)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
ThankYou!! JBD Shoo and Lady Stardust!
I'm glad to hear that somebody else finds vintage shoes more comfy. I tried on a great pair yesterday and even though they had a very high heel my arch didn't feel strained at all.

The other thing that improves their comfort level even further is gel inserts. Some vintage pairs have minimal padding at the ball of the foot, and those inserts make all the difference. :)

Great finds, LadyStardust! I love the yellow dress, and have a similar one to your second purchase in my closet. I just love the frocks from that era; they are so feminine and elegant. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe