Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow, you ladies hae been busy. :eek:

Ohairas, really cute things, love those shoes.

Daisy that black dress :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm LOVING it. You will look so great in that. I like the silky number too. Cute stuff girls. I've been crazy busy but I've been buying house stuff not so many clothes now.

P

Paul

Just bought this today

train_case.jpg

Just bought this a few hours ago a train or vanity case. It is by Nina Philipp in (Design Philipp)" Handmade in fine bonded leather".

As you can see it is two tone leather with a brass itatian combination lock and fittings , it is possibility from the 1960/ 70's never been used. The coin in front is a half dollar to give you a size reference.

Any help on a better date or other info would be very very nice. it is almost to good to use but I am going to , oh the price £20 or $40

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Daisy, it's great to see your exquisite taste is being matched with your ebay luck! The bronzy/peach dress is incredible, and that coat is a dream. I'm so glad to see these beautiful things are being won by someone who will actually wear them.

I myself just received this Stop Staring dress last night and immediately wore it to last night's company Christmas party.
ja6.jpg
It was perfect, as the guidelines on the dress code were unclear and inconsistent, but this little number is cute enough to be a party dress with the right accessories, but not so theatrical that it couldn't be worn for something more casual.

I do wish it looked on me more like it does on Bernie (the model), but I suppose that's a model's job, eh?

Mojito

One Too Many
That case looks like it's in absolutely impeccable condition, Paul!

Deeply envious of both shoes and coat, Daisy - not just the shoes themselves, but also because you can find vintage footwear in your size! You can just see how butter soft that coat is by looking at it.

Tough Cookie, that does look like a great example of a dress to wear to those indeterminate dress code occasions - very smart.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paul, that case is great. Looks like it's in pristine condition. I hope you fill it up with lots of goodies.
Thanks Cookie! I'm looking forward to getting the dress in the mail. I really do have nothing like it.
I just love that Stop Staring dress. I have quite a few of them, but not that one in particular. I'm very happy with all of the ones I have, they fit wonderfully. Have fun with it!
I just won a Whiting and Davis beaded silver bag, immaculate with the original box. The seller says she got it from an older woman who used the bag only once, then packaged it back up in the box and stored it all of these years. I'm very happy to finally own one, and really happy with the price I paid. I really thought that the price would go up on this one, but it stayed moderate, if not low.
I also won a hat, which I hope looks good. Got it too for a good price. I don't have a very big hat collection, yet. I love hats, but for some reason don't feel all that comfortable wearing them. I'm hoping to get over this, and wear them more. I think it's that I haven't found the right hat for me. I was watching "The Notebook" the other night, and got a lot of good ideas for how to wear my hair with a hat. Gonna have to do some screen grabs and print out some pictures, and start practicing!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I just won 9 (!!!!) hats labelled as from the 40s to 70s. (I personally think they are particulary older) for about 43 $.

0d2e_1.JPG

13e0_1.JPG

Let´s see how they look in person! The 70s ones either go back to ebay or I might give them to my best friend if she likes them...

It allways pays off to browse the "Antique" section of ebay cause U sometimes make great bargains like those!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Everyone's things are lovely!

I just won this for 9.99 :D It's late teens/early 20's and looks to be in great shape! I think it might be a bit big, but with these styles it doesn't really matter that much. And I totally have an addiction to these early blouses.
nov27023.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LadyDeWinter what a great dress! It's really darling.
Sari, that is an incredible hat collection! You will look great in all of them.
Liz, first off, a warm welcome to The Lounge. I hope you enjoy yourself. It's a great community, full of great people (especially the ladies, we make this place!!:)), and useful and fun information. Now, your red coat is great! What a find. Really pretty, and love the color.
Lauren, as always, you've found something lovely. I'm sure that if it's not the right size for you, you're expertise in tailoring will fix it in a jiffy.

Well, I've officially gone nuts on the bay! It's just that I keep finding evening gowns at really reasonable prices. I keep putting them into "MyEbay" to watch them, and think that at the end of the auction the price will go up. But nothing happens, lucky for me, bad for my check book. Well, I guess I'm really starting to plan for next year's Queen Mary, and I have to have lots of options for it! But, I had a lot of trouble finding formal vintage gowns prior to this year's QM, so now that I see them, I'm grabbing them up! I really like this one, I have nothing like it. It will need to be tailored down in the waist a bit, but I don't feel so bad about spending a little on tailoring, since I got it for less than half of what I expected it to go for. Really, really surprised by the prices of all the dresses I've recently gotten. Especially since I've seen day dresses going for astronomical prices, It's really quite amazing to get a vintage gown for $54.00!! Sorry to bring up price, I usually don't like to reveal those kind of things, but I'm really really so proud of getting this dress for such a low amount (low in terms of vintage evening wear)....

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow! Great finds all of you ladies. Sari, those hats are great, I love the white and black one especially.

Now you ladies are making me want to shop for clothes, blast my kitchen renovation. :(

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I guess I'm having luck today, too! Just won this 40's two piece set for 15 bucks :D I've been wanting one of these for a long time but they're never in my price range.
087f_0.JPG

0979_1.JPG

Mojito

One Too Many
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/PelagicWobbegong/Jilldress.jpg

All gorgeous! Lauren, I love seeing seperates from that era in good condition. And Daisy, if I was on the sort of roll you seem to be on, I'd be on a spree too!

Here's something I just bought as a Christmas present for my dearest friend - I've been wanting to get her a 20s beaded sheer dress for a while, and have been considering a tabard dress with original slip a dealer was selling...it was a bit pricey as a gift when she made me vow not to buy her anything. Then this came up on eBay for the right price. She loves both black and blue, so it seemed a good idea! We'll both be wearing black next year in Napier at the Art Deco festival.

Jilldress.jpg

Jilldressbodice.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
I'm a non-smoker who would rather buy 20s beaded bags than cigarette holders, but I needed one and was quite taken by this item - described as Bakelite with a pewter inlay. I can't say I know much about cigarette holders, and I know it's not a good idea to buy at any auction when you're not 'across' the topic. But bottem line is, I liked how it looks!
1cigholderall.jpg

Have no idea what I'll put in it - pity they don't sell chocolate cigarettes any more! Will have to put a real one in, unlit.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Have no idea what I'll put in it - pity they don't sell chocolate cigarettes any more! Will have to put a real one in, unlit.

They still sell candy cigarettes--I pass them out when I work as a cigarette girl ;)

Love the two-piece set, Lauren--those are always fun!

I just bought another 40s coat--don't know why, since I hardly get to wear them in AZ :)
redmohair40scoat1.jpg

Plus a few hats:
berry.jpg

3697_12.JPG

I accidentally outbid my friend on this one (an auction which Lauren so kindly sent my way), so it may end up with her depending on who it looks best on lol

e040_12.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe