Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
~landgirl~ said:
I just won this coat on e-bay - what do you all think?

coat1.jpg

coat2.jpg

coat3.jpg

Well ladies, the coat arrived and damn my bosoms, it doesn't fit! It is so very beautiful and although the button and belt do up, if I sretch, I get a gape- think I might have to stick it back on evil-bay now. :(

GOK

One Too Many
Aww what a shame - is there no way you can let it out a bit? (big hugs)

I won the bidding on this last night (while I was asleep!):

dsp_img_5114.jpg

dsp_img_5115.jpg

Yes, yes I know it's yet another black frock but y'know, I like black!

I wonder if the bust area really is that transparent :eek:

GOK

One Too Many
RetroModelSari said:
Beautifull frok, gok (Oh, that rhymes!). Even if it is that tranparent I´m sure it looks georgous with a matching slip or (if you wanna go more daring) with a pretty black Overbust-Corset!

Oh I could just imagine arriving at a Lounge meet up wearing that...I think people would consider me a real hussy! lol

ladyk

Familiar Face
Lauren said:
WOW!!!! That last one is just SPECTACULAR and it's absolutely amazing that the pieces are still together! congrats! :eusa_clap

I know - even the belt! I'm still in shock that I managed to get my mits on it, I put in my highest bid and ran away, so many times I've lost in those last few seconds, but not this time. That baby is all mine. Postal services willing. Time for me to start my safe journey chanting ;)

jitterbugdoll said:
I love the pattern of the last dress and coat, ladyk!

I've been on a shoe kick, of late:

color.jpg

93_1.JPG

Plus a killer pair of pale blue shantung silk platforms trimmed in daisy chains--positively divine, and a perfect fit :)

Thank you. Those shoes are just gorgeous, especially the first pair. I've been hunting for some like that in my size for an age...

GOK said:
<le gasp!> Where on earth did you find it?

ebay heaven, a seller called aren. I've bought quite a lot from her, she gets some great bits in. I just can't wait to get my hands on it!

katiemakeup said:
LadyK~ I love that black dress with the jeweled neckline!!! Gorgeous!!

Thank you. It has arrived today, so I can't wait to get home and try it on! I think it will be making its debut this weekend. :eusa_clap Theres few things more exciting than the debut of a great new dress.

GOK

One Too Many
Lady K, I just bought an Adele Simpson from Aren!

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

She has some stunning things for sale - I want to buy so much...and to be petite enough to fit into most of them!

Yesterday, on Daisy's recommendation, I went to scope out H&M - this is what I bought:

DSC00064.jpg

Sweet isn't it? I suppose I could have got it in something other than black... (note the metre rule that merely looks as though it is in the background - it's a design feature I tell you! Honest!)

I also discovered a sale on in Qube, so was compelled to buy these:

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

(as you can see, the red ones featured a particularly stubborn label!)

And then, as I was passing George, I found this....

DSC00062.jpg

OK I wasn't exactly passing, I did have to go in and browse! But what a fab jacket :D It doesn't look much on the mannequin but IRL it's simply gawjuss! And it is brilliant that one can buy faux astrakhan these days because nothing on this earth would induce me to wear the real stuff.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, you ladies have been doing some serious shopping.

I finally won something on ebay. It went for a lot less than I expected, so I was quite happy. I don't know when I'll where it, but I'm sure I'll find some time to put it on.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
jitterbugdoll said:
I love the pattern of the last dress and coat, ladyk!

I've been on a shoe kick, of late:

color.jpg

93_1.JPG

Plus a killer pair of pale blue shantung silk platforms trimmed in daisy chains--positively divine, and a perfect fit :)

I was watching the second pair! They are just gorgeous, but I totally forgot to bid. At least I know someone deserving got them!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kim_B said:
Oh Daisy, that dress is divine!!!!
Thank you Kim. It's been a long time since I actually won something on the bay. I finally took the advice of you ladies and used a sniper, gosh should I be admitting that! Well, while I was sound asleep at 330 this morning, I was winning a dress on ebay. Much easier than staying awake all night and keeping my fingers crossed that my router wouldn't go down just as I was placing the bid.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GOK said:
Yesterday, on Daisy's recommendation, I went to scope out H&M - this is what I bought:

DSC00064.jpg

Sweet isn't it? I suppose I could have got it in something other than black... (note the metre rule that merely looks as though it is in the background - it's a design feature I tell you! Honest!)

Hey GOK

I bought the same blouse at H&M yesterday but cream coloured.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh my ladies, what yummy goodies you all are digging up!!

Landgirl that is such a shame on the coat. If you *really* want to make it work, is there possibly enough fabric in the seams somewhere to add in under the arms? Or even find a similar houndstooth or plain black to fill in there, I don't think anyone would be looking under your arms!

Daisy that's a lovely dress. Don't feel bad about the sniping! I do it on important things I really want. Also, many auctions now have a phone option!! If you click on it, ebay will call you 3 min. before the auction ends and you can bid! Isn't that the most!!

Lady, those primary colored shoes are just spectacular!

Here's a few of my latest buys, I've wanted this pattern forever~ I think it's darling!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260056551863&rd=1&rd=1

and these shoes! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=330051668038&rd=1&rd=1

I also bought 6 pr. seamed stockings for $20. They're not vintage or silk, but I don't have any. So for that price they'll be good to wear to work and such!

Between searching ebay and this thread I could drool all day long! I'm supposed to be cleaning house!

Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe