Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
The dress I am going to be possibly dying is black which IMO is probably the easiest color to dye.

Is your dress white (it looks white or beige to me). If it is maybe you can soak it in lemon juice for 1/2 a day in the sun. That may lighten it, but not enough to ruin the fiber??

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
browndress2.jpg

dutchman.JPG

Got these two lovelies to add to my collection.

Plus a yellow one that's too small. It's over in Classifieds if any ladies might be interested.

timorous me

Familiar Face
pigeon toe said:
Timorous, I love the yellow dress! It's adorable. Yellow is such a great color for spring and summer.

i agree. i used to have a bit of a fear of yellow... and i find myself buying more and more yellow dresses now. making up for lost time i guess. ;-)

timorous me

Familiar Face
and oh yes... god bless etsy!

i just picked up this sweater and blouse from one of my favorite sellers...

etsysweater.jpg

etsyblouse.jpg

(loveloveLOVE that site... i just bought a whole mess of AWESOME hand-made soaps, too! they smell SO YUMMY!)

and i need your opinions, girls. i bought the shirt identical to this one in blue and i absolutely ADORE it like no other. so i'm considering buying it in pink. do you think it's tacky to have more than one of the same shirt in the same color? i dunno... it's just SO CUTE!

pinkblouse.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I'm contemplating the same thing. Two dresses from Target. I have one in pink and I'm thinking about the blue. The only thing holding me back is money. :D

I say go for it! If you don't I'm sure some other ladies will be eager for that blouse. ;)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh My Mary!! You certainly hit the jackpot!!! I am envious!! All the dresses are lovely, and I can't believe what you paid for them. I would have bought the lot too, can't pass up such incredible dresses for those prices. Did the seller just not know the value of what they had?? Auctions for vintage clothes lots around here go for insane amounts of money:(

Pink, your dresses are lovely, I especially love the Pink one!:D

timorous me

Familiar Face
RetroModelSari said:
Take the blouse cause you might regret it if you don´t. It´s likely you´ll love it like the feirst one and if now... you can still sell it again!

that's what i'm thinking... i ADORE my blue one (it's probably my favorite everyday vintage piece right now), and i'm thinking that for the price (eight bucks) to not buy it would be crazy.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Oh, I would buy many colors of a clothing item if I like it! It's not tacky at all!
Love that sweater too!

Daisy....I think I just got lucky and there were no real vintage clothing dealers at this auction! :) Dealers know what they can make off things and don't mind paying for it. I just collect for myself and tend to sell things that will not fit me. It was funny because everyone kept asking me if I have a vintage shop. I just could not pass it up. :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Just won a cute little bullet bra on Ebay, I hope it fits!

9cf5_1.JPG

I went to an amazing estate sale this weekend too, the house was a total time warp. I'll post pictures later!

epr25

Practically Family
Kimberly said:
Have you ever dyed a dress before? I have one coming that has some slight discolorization on the shoulders and I am thinking of dying it if it is very noticable. You couldn't go wrong with that dress IMO, it is so pretty!

I had a dress that was a salmon oragne? type color that had been stored hanging and in the sun light. It had fade spots all over. In a last ditch effort to save it I tried dying it. The material was odd. Almost like a crepe but heavier? If that makes sense. It turned out well. I went black. I would say to use more dye then what they call for. And deffinately make sure it's as clean as possible before you dye. Every little speck shows up after the dye process if it isn't. I dyed mine in the sink and just kept it moving. If you google fabric dying there are several helpful websites out there. But all in all I would say go for it.

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
I won this today and now I'm on a strict diet. No shopping for a while.

pinklucyf.jpg

If it doesn't fit I think I'll just die.

Pink, I love your pink dresses! (Okay, and your other dress too) Woman, you were on fire with your finds, lately ;)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View 'em while you can

I'm starting to go through some old files, and delete pics. Before I do, I thought you lovely ladies might enjoy seeing parts of my collection I sold off last year. I'll keep posting items, and deleting them in about a weekfrom the posting date, so I can shrink my image stash.

Here's the first one - a 1920's cotton day dress. I thought this fabric would be fantastic for throw pillows.

1920_orange1.JPG
1920_orange1b.JPG
1920_orange1c.JPG

1920_orange1d.JPG
1920_orange1e.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken