Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Voodoo Kitten

Familiar Face
I went to Wal-Mart this morning and I found Lottabody setting lotion there in the ethnic hair care section. Since I'm too lazy to drive across town and get the pillow rollers from Target, I went ahead and got some foam ones from Wal-Mart. They are lime green, size "large", made by Goody, (I got some hair combs there too, they were 89 cents or something, also made by Goody). I just put them in and am super excited to see how it turns out. It was kinda hard to get them in, and my layers probably didn't help. But I guess we'll see. I'm not expecting perfection for my first try, but I was getting better by the last few.

I'll post pics tommorrow of how it turns out. :D

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Happy Easter Hair!

My Easter hair:

l_311719524fea1f12706f9fc70a2cc218.jpg

Side view:
l_3abb9d7090e9cfd31cec6f5165e69ebc.jpg

Don't ask me how I did that roll as I doubt I could duplicate it. Hence the pics. :D

:eek:fftopic:
That dress I got a a place called Xi. They are owned by the same company as Forever 21 (I like Xi better). The have the cheapest clothes and many vintage inspired pieces.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink, I love the hair. It came out so soft looking yet still has the waves and that incredible roll. I love the flowers on that dress too! You look fabulous! :eusa_clap

Shearer

Practically Family
You guys all look so lovely for Easter!! In the spirit of celebration, my hair decided to freak out on me, hence the bemused look on my face. I didn't dare touch it with a brush.

easter.jpg

But hey, I got my lipstick to match my sweater! :eusa_clap

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
My Easter hair:

:eek:fftopic:
That dress I got a a place called Xi. They are owned by the same company as Forever 21 (I like Xi better). The have the cheapest clothes and many vintage inspired pieces.

I believe they own Fasion Q also. I got my oldest Easter/Spring dress from there on Easter (only flipping place open, thank goodness) and the bag was labeld xi. Now I now why.

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks Kimberly!

And Shearer, being a bit dramatic aren't we? Your hair looks lovely.

lol No, the blur is very forgiving! When I curl my hair it can end up anything from Bernadette Peters to Shirley Temple.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn I'm sure with your colored hair you could acheive the look with teasing easily! Just keep practicing!

Shearer, I'm with Pink.. I think your hair looked pretty! And Pink yours did too.

Doncha hate when you're just playing around, no where to go, and you do something really cool with your hair, never to be able to again... grrrr! :mad:

Nikki

Shearer

Practically Family
Thanks guys, you're sweet.

My hair hardly ever does what it's told (takes after me, I guess) so everyone once in a while I chop it off above my shoulders to show it who's boss lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I am giving the spongey rag rollers another try....this time letting my hair 85% dry first...

I must possess the hair that -will not dry- in these.....I can wear them for 10 hours and wake up....and its all still damp...

I think tomorrow I will also sit for a while in the dryer attachment for gently drying hair.

wish me luck...either that or I will be impersonating shirley temple at work tomorrow.....again!:rolleyes:

Kimberly

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
I am giving the spongey rag rollers another try....this time letting my hair 85% dry first...

I must possess the hair that -will not dry- in these.....I can wear them for 10 hours and wake up....and its all still damp...

I think tomorrow I will also sit for a while in the dryer attachment for gently drying hair.

wish me luck...either that or I will be impersonating shirley temple at work tomorrow.....again!:rolleyes:

LOL, I hear you on that! Good Luck and I hope it comes out fabulous.

Well, I had a night of really bizarre dreams and I must have been tossing and turning because my turban came loose as well as all of the rollers. :(

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I have been using setting lotion on damp hair with 'bedtime' sponge rollers and I am just waiting for the camera batteries to charge to show you the result. On the downside I have noticed I've had a bit of a reaction on the sides of my neck/shoulders where I spritzed the setting lotion and it splashed :(

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Shearer said:
You guys all look so lovely for Easter!! In the spirit of celebration, my hair decided to freak out on me, hence the bemused look on my face. I didn't dare touch it with a brush.

easter.jpg

But hey, I got my lipstick to match my sweater! :eusa_clap
You look gorgeous! :eek:
Tell me, are you a real redhead? If not please tell me what color you used! ;)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´ll get my hair chopped off on Thursday (still over shoulder lenght but just like 2 or 3 fingers below the shoulder) and I hope my hair will be easier to style than... Wish me luck ladies :D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

I often just spray it with a bit of water so it is just a bit damp cause I have the same problem!!! I spray it with those water-thingies that one usually takes to spray the flowers lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
even 85% dry was too wet...

woke up to half of it okay and curled..and the other half still 85% wet...

haha...thankfully I work with people who dont care what folks look like...so I just pulled it all back...

now you see why I don't do this everyday...

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

haha...thankfully I work with people who dont care what folks look like...so I just pulled it all back...

I have the same problem when I sleep in curlers. If I put it up damp a couple hours before bed, then I have a greater chance of waking up with dry hair because the curls get greater air circulation then being burrowed in my pillow all night long.

Honey Doll

Kim_B

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:

...and this is why I cheat and use my hot air curling brush ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82