Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

zendy

A-List Customer
I'm making more room in the closet for solids!
Here is the first. It's a pretty standard 40's shirtwaist made from orangy red linen.
1.jpg

Shoulder gathers :)
2.jpg
And perfectly matched buttons!
3.jpg
Sorry,I don't know why the button pic is so huge.

zendy

A-List Customer
I'm not really a wearer of 60's fashion, but this pattern was cheap and I really am sick of trying to hold the crotch area down on my skirts when I ride my bike. Split skirt=problem solved.
DSCF0773.JPG
DSCF0833.JPG
DSCF0835.JPG

D

Deleted member 12480

they're really nice.
And make absolute sense.
And it still looks kinda skirt-y so if you wanted to just tell everyone it was a skirt you could...

how lovely :)
xxxxx

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Zendy-that is just the most perfect little dress!!You look lovely in it too:)
May i ask what pattern you used?I'm hopeless at sewing:( but i might be able to find someone that would make it for me.
Shebear -once again i am in awe of your talent!:eusa_clap :)

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments ladies, that skirt is my new favorite :) It is sooooooooo simple to make. I just cut a hole in the middle of the table cloth big enough to fit over my hips then stitched in the waist band and elastic ;)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
SheBear74 said:
Made another retro repurpose :) Another one from a sheet, funny thing is the sheet matched the picture on the pattern! Just noticed I need to shorten that outer skirt! Oops lol

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMDA1MjMtMTY0M.jpg

SheBear, I'm making this exact dress also. Except I chose red fabric, with black trim. Yours looks amazing - great job!

X
BD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Zendy- I love the dress and the cullots. I have a late 40's pattern for cullots but it doesn't have instructions so I have't made them yet.

Love the skirt SheBear74.

zendy

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone!
Mrs. Cleaver I used McCall 5073
Photo9.jpg

there are tons just like it available on etsy and ebay all the time

DPD do you think it would help if I copied my instructions and sent them to you? Are they similar enough to work?

SheBear74

Practically Family
Black Dahlia said:
SheBear, I'm making this exact dress also. Except I chose red fabric, with black trim. Yours looks amazing - great job!

X
BD

Thanks! I think it's a pretty fun one to do. I put buttons on instead of the snaps. I love love love how full the skirt is :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I think I want to do that black and white one too, that on is just pretty.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
SheBear74 said:
Thanks! I think it's a pretty fun one to do. I put buttons on instead of the snaps. I love love love how full the skirt is :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I think I want to do that black and white one too, that on is just pretty.

*laughs* I'd better get my ass in gear and get sewing! I procrastinate sooooo much, as I don't have a proper set up for my machine. Will get at it, and post pics sometime. ;) Black and white would be amazing too!

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Thanks for that Zendy:)
I do actually own a sewing machine,it is a big ,heavy late 60's early 70's model that belonged to my mum.It is sitting in the corner of my room mocking melol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
zendy said:
Thanks everyone!
DPD do you think it would help if I copied my instructions and sent them to you? Are they similar enough to work?
Thast would be great. i think my pattern is very similar to yours. I'll send you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe