Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

I really enjoy reading your historical sketches, Jack, thanks very much for your posts.
Thanks very much for the compliment. All credit for my interest & curiosity begins with my grandfather who told me lots of stories about my ancestors as I was growing up. Yrs later after his death I set out mostly to prove to myself the stories he had told me. And one thing led to another.

When you have a hr to spend you might enjoy this new documentary on the shootout in Rattlesnake canyon, AZ.

Leslie Ann Davenport
Williams, California

IMG_8928.JPG

Jordan Gutsch
Santa Rosa, California

IMG_8927.JPG

Ally Hurt
Whitewright, Texas

IMG_8926.JPG

Magnificent animals!

May Manning Lillie, Pawnee Bill's wife.
image.jpeg

A quote attributed to her: Let any normally healthy woman, who is ordinarily strong, screw-up her courage and tackle a bucking bronco, and she will find the most fascinating pastime in the field of feminine athletic endeavor. There is nothing to compare, to increase the joy of living, and once accomplished, she'll have more real fun than any pink tea or theater party or ballroom ever yielded."

View attachment 138876
A quote attributed to her: Let any normally healthy woman, who is ordinarily strong, screw-up her courage and tackle a bucking bronco, and she will find the most fascinating pastime in the field of feminine athletic endeavor. There is nothing to compare, to increase the joy of living, and once accomplished, she'll have more real fun than any pink tea or theater party or ballroom ever yielded."
Like the hat, wonder how she kept it on?

Unless that is a backdrop that is great photography & depth of field for the era.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 138876
Now THAT is the best shot of “sight picture” you Never want to see!!
Scary!
B

View attachment 138876
I would NOT get on that lady's bad side.

William Milton "Billy" Breakenridge (1846 - 1931)

Soldier, Teamster, Asst Tombstone City Marshal under John Behan, U.S. Marshall, & author. As a soldier at the age of 16 serving under Col. John Chivington, Breakenridge participated in the Sand Creek Massacre of the Cheyenne & Arapaho tribes. Breakenridge was serving as deputy sheriff under Behan who was then Cochise county Sheriff at the time of the gunfight outside the O.K. Corral. A gay man who was anti-Earp's, anti-Holliday & pro-Cowboy faction, Breakenridge probably did more than anyone at influencing the early movies & what was known of those yrs in Tombstone when he published his memoir "Helldorado, Bringing the Law to the Mesquite" in 1928.

IMG_8925.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

William Milton "Billy" Breakenridge (1846 - 1931)

Soldier, Teamster, Asst Tombstone City Marshal under John Behan, U.S. Marshall, & author. As a soldier at the age of 16 serving under Col. John Chivington, Breakenridge participated in the Sand Creek Massacre of the Cheyenne & Arapaho tribes. Breakenridge was serving as deputy sheriff under Behan who was then Cochise county Sheriff at the time of the gunfight outside the O.K. Corral. A gay man who was anti-Earp's, anti-Holliday & pro-Cowboy faction, Breakenridge probably did more than anyone at influencing the early movies & what was known of those yrs in Tombstone when he published his memoir "Helldorado, Bringing the Law to the Mesquite" in 1928.

View attachment 139223

View attachment 139225

View attachment 139224
It's interesting how media tends to portray the "good guys" and "bad guys", but folks like Earp, Holliday and the Cowboy faction were all very complex characters. Not as all good or all bad as we would imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82