Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mossant Bayard

P1050153.JPG
P1050151.JPG
P1050152.JPG
P1050149.JPG

So many great finds! Alan, The Recherche is really something! The full under binding is Topper like. A very high class Western look with the bow, binding, cord and block! Robert, The Stetson Sales Trunk (more details!) and Mossant Bayard are fantastic! Waiting for your next amazing find! Manfred, Beyond super steals on both beauties! Looking forward to more details. Jeff, Your Wormerster Royal Luxury OR looks fantastic. Really wears well without side dents! K.C., Great find with the Resistol 5X Beaver Western. I like the crease you put in it.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
L. Greentree "Boss of the Plains" style

P1050162.JPG
P1050160.JPG
P1050161.JPG
P1050159.JPG

Came with a sloppy Cattlemen's Crease but the crown blocking is much squarer indicating its original form.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
I've always considered getting one of those hat shapers to reblock my hats. do you think you could use one without taking the sweat out of the hat?

It's certainly possible, I used one to stretch an Adam about a half size yesterday and left the sweat in. Though you may get an ever-so-slight bump in the hat body where the sweat band is, although I don't think it'd be too noticable.

One thing that does suck about them is they only come in a few select sizes, my noggin is exactly 23 1/2" so I got lucky. Also, if you do decide to buy one, note that a hat shaper makes a hat that is sized as marked. Meaning that if you buy a 23 1/2 shaper, the shaper a little bit bigger to take into account the sweatband, so it'll block a hat to fit a 23 1/2 head.

So come to think of it, you may actually increase the size a little bit by blocking it with the sweat in.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow, nice BOTP Robert.
photoon91712at736pm.jpg

This is a grayish Strat I got off the Bay a while back. It was pretty beat up and has a lot of mothing. I had Optimo clean it up so it looks respectable.

Congrats Perry. The hat and office looks clean. I bet we will see more of it (hat and office) in the What Hat Are You Wearing thread.

Best, Eric -

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hato !
Looks great the Strat & the office....

now i bet we all have cluttered hat rooms ,,,mine is so bad i forget where certain hats are. or give up & sport something easy to grab...

Tonak Hückel Guama Somberero, size 55cm, probably mid 1960s. This is a nicely made hat for the time period but the brim is stiff following the trend of later American Western sytle hats. I picked this up at a very low cost just to check it out.

8000020445_a846d7727e_b.jpg

8000019405_f28a302600_b.jpg

8000018726_00eaaa6f5e_b.jpg

The long hair finish resembles the edible fibre like pulp of the Guama fruit.

c9325.jpg

"An unusual fruit that resembles a giant bean pod, with a sweet, refreshing, cotton like edible fiber on the inside. The pods are generally narrow, straight, and sometimes as long as a person's forearm. They can easily be cracked open to expose the white, sugar-rich pulp, similar to cotton candy, surrounding the seeds. In English they have been called ?ice-cream beans? due to the sweet flavor and smooth texture of the pulp."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe