Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Forty Lupo/Buio

New to me from Bond, Thank you!
P1040458.JPG

Colors are Wolf felt with Dark ribbon. Slightly warm dark gray, not quite black ribbon. Nice Satin Finish.

Dronak

Familiar Face
With the weather starting to warm up here, I wanted to get a hat that was more suitable for summer. My wife and I took a trip to Macy's to see what they had and found some on sale, so I ended up with two. One is a straw fedora by American Rag (see http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/american-rag-hat-straw-fedora?ID=656266) and the other is a 100% paper fedora by Sean John. I can't seem to find a picture of the second online. It's similar to the first, but lighter in color, the weave looks a bit different, the brim is a bit wider, and the band is striped dark blue, white, thin gray, light blue, dark blue with a bow in it. They're probably nothing special, but it will be nice to have a summer-time hat (or two!) as the temperature rises.

Edit: I just took two photos with my phone's camera. They're probably not the best, but at least they provide a quick look at my new hats. American Rag on the left, Sean John on the right. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I picked up this Borsalino from Sofia a little while back. I saw the others up there and forgot to bid but this one I caught.
ce72054d.jpg

I call it my Borsalino Playboy
c29e7536.jpg

6903203a.jpg

1a065e0c.jpg

b10b80c6.jpg

0fd0b8a7.jpg

6eb67109.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson No. 1 Quality

P1040478.JPG

P1040475.JPG
P1040477.JPG

P1040483.JPG
P1040481.JPG

P1040479.JPG

No signs of a crease. Biggest 7-1/8 Stetson I've encountered--fits like a Stetson 7-1/4. Sweatband bow is loose in the box. Full canvas layer under sweat. Slots for Stampede string.

Last edited:
Great find, Robert!

Interesting to see the old sweatband imprint and later manufacturing tag. When considered with this one, it suggests that these brand and assembly elements crossed over and back again, confounding our best attempts to date using these features. Gold printed label? Around 1940 give or take a couple?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Great find, Robert!

Interesting to see the old sweatband imprint and later manufacturing tag. When considered with this one, it suggests that these brand and assembly elements crossed over and back again, confounding our best attempts to date using these features. Gold printed label? Around 1940 give or take a couple?

Yes gold tag, I agree, frustrating--same with my recent Clear Nutria which had the lighter size tag but older(we thought) factory stamp.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Willoughby Hatter, Paris

P1040489.JPG

P1040487.JPG
P1040485.JPG

Light and floppy as a Borsalino Pocket Hat with a relatively low crown and curvy flanged whip-stitched brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe