Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

m0nk

One Too Many
The black looks great! I was tempted to get one in black and carbon grey, especially considering how much I love my brown and moonstone fed iv's, but just can't bring myself to get a black hat yet. I live in Amish country and can't help but feel it would look a little too "amish" for my tastes. Although, I could get one in black and have the ribbon replaced with an interesting color, like deep purple or off-white or something...

The black looks great! I was tempted to get one in black and carbon grey, especially considering how much I love my brown and moonstone fed iv's, but just can't bring myself to get a black hat yet. I live in Amish country and can't help but feel it would look a little too "amish" for my tastes. Although, I could get one in black and have the ribbon replaced with an interesting color, like deep purple or off-white or something...

Monk,

I too live in Amish country, plus I have a beard about half the year. At first I was timid like you about wearing a black hat, but I really don't dress Amish, and I drive a car, so what was I worried about?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Barbisio quasi-Lobbia

P1040402.JPG

P1040401.JPG
P1040403.JPG

P1040404.JPG
P1040400.JPG

Gambled on mismeasure and won... Has a very short tight curl at unbound edge. Hat was in perfect condition until I peeked at the factory stamp and popped a few stitches--X@#$%^!
I haven't seen this particular typography for Barbisio in any hats or ads, so unsure for dating.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Black or blue, Robert? Quite beautiful. The logo on the label looks like the Borsalino one.

Its black, always a daylight challenge. The sweatband logo is the unknown design. Might be a different factory (Andorno Micca) down the road.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe