Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Sorry, I just forgot to give you this information. I bought it in Germany via Internet. The hat is italian, made by Guerra 1855. The brim is evenly raised all the way round, as you pointed out quite well; the lining is white. This is the only disadvantage on this hat: it'll get sweat stains real quick, won't it?

Last edited:

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
New hat arrived from The Fedora Store... a custom-finished Beaver Brand felt with a tear-drop crown and finished like a Stratoliner. I've decided to standardize on the thin ribbon and edge binding.

Unwilling to get a common color I can find elsewhere, I decided to order the hat in "Bordeaux". I figured it would be clownlike or it would look good... nowhere in between! I specified that the ribbon and edge binding "match the hat". They do, sort of. I had hoped they'd be lighter and match the actual felt color but the color they used is acceptable too.

The felt is of a decent quality. Not as lightweight as my modern Borsalino Alessandrias, which are my new standards for what I want felt to be. However, it's a decent, thin felt that feels good and has an acceptable amount of stiffness to it. I don't like extremely soft hats. When I snap that brim down, I want it down where I put it. This hat does that.

When I got it, there were a couple of places where it was a little out of shape, but nothing radical. I steamed those out to where they should be, and gave the whole thing a light steam and brushing, which evened out the look of the nap and the color.

The crease is decent enough. The crown is stiffer where it was creased, which suits me. The liner has a thick clear plastic tip, which is fine. It's glued in, which is also fine with me. I know some of you think it should be sewn.

The real star is the reeded sweat band. It's stamped in gold with the Beaver Brand trademark, the name "LEGACY", and the Fedora Store's web address. It is a fine-grained black leather that is soft and very comfortable. The fit is fabulous and I expect it will fit even better, if possible, after it's been worn for a while.

Overall for $200 plus shipping and a six-week wait, I'm quite satisfied with the hat. I'm looking at other colors and pondering white for my next purchase.

In the photos below, the color in the shot of the interior is the most accurate. It's a bold color but when worn with my black jackets, will work out quite well.

Tom

bordeauxoutside.jpg

bordeauxinside.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
today at the flea market I could buy two hats
Once Anton Pichler Graz Trachten hat of 1964
Mayser Milz carat Homburger in almost unworn condition.
Unfortunately, the previous owner tried to remove his name tag and thus damaged the sweat band.
I glued on the back of a leather strip to protect it from further tearing.
Otherwise, top condition
cost for two Hats ! 5 EURO:D

antonpichler.jpg

antonpichler1.jpg

antonpichler2.jpg

maysermilzhomburger.jpg

maysermilzhomburger1.jpg

maysermilzhomburger2.jpg

maysermilzhomburger3.jpg

Earl Needham

Familiar Face
I drive a truck cross-country, so I'm out of the house a LOT, and just got back from 3500+ miles in 7 days.

That being said, this thread has shown some EXCELLENT hats in the past week! VERY nice!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
today i visited a flea market in Düsseldorf
that is what i find

a Hückel Chevreau in deep blue
a Mayser Garant in black
a Mayser Ausseer
a Princeton Hat from Boston
a Walker Homburger

but look self

find1.jpg

the Hückel in very good condition