Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
You can feel the character in that lid. It just oozes experience and wear. If only it could speak to tell its tale.
Is it as soft as it looks?

Its actually almost brand new. It was made in November of last year. The crown is surprisingly stiff, which I like. The brim is very soft. I have never felt a crown like this, as I have a Dobbs and Stetson, and they feel cheap compart to Mr. Fawcetts Felt.

If you’re like me in thinking that among the few things in this world more splendid than a 1976 top-down Cadillac Eldorado is a 1976 top-down Cadillac Eldorado with a set of longhorns mounted to the grille, then perhaps this hat is something that might appeal to you, too.

I made this hat because, 1.) I wanted something new and bright and festive to wear to a couple of events I attended this past weekend, 2.) I have these white staple (rabbit fur) bodies here that I was looking to experiment with, and 3.) I had this idea for a prototype, in a light color, and this is as light a color as I can get my hands on readily.

Stats: 5 and 3/4-inch crown (open). As creased it’s about 4 and 3/8 at the front, 4 and 3/4 at the rear, and 5 and 1/4 at the sides. The brim is 3 inches wide, bound in 6-ligne ribbon in a golden color concocted by the R&D department here at the Tumwater Hat Co. The band ribbon is a vintage 19 ligne in a color the O. Regen Mfg. Co. called Pearl.

I’m calling this style Eldorado, spelled the way Cadillac spelled it – one word. It ain't for everybody, for sure, but then, I suffer no illusions about such things anyway.

GEDC0364.jpg

GEDC0365.jpg

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
While the triple-bow can overwhelm some hats, this one works. I like it --Big style with calm light colors- great as a whole:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful! Very cool hat, I had it pegged for a Tumwater before even reading the description :D. Your hats have a great, distinctive style, sir. Congratulations!

Geez, guys, I'm blushing here.

I bought up a supply of vintage hatpins (they're quite inexpensive when purchased in bulk) thinking they'd work with this style. Yesterday I put a white one with a slightly pinkish hue on this hat. I'm not normally one for such accoutrements -- feathers, pins, etc. -- but the pins add a little something. (And I've seen some feathers that work well with some hats -- further evidence that there's rarely a rule without its exceptions.)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Only problem I have is that I can't believe I wear hats made by a guy who wants to put horns on a bloody Cadillac Eldorado - give me strength! :D:D

Hat pins, eh? I've been thinking that a pearl pin might be rather cool as well - we should talk Tony!

... Hat pins, eh? I've been thinking that a pearl pin might be rather cool as well - we should talk Tony!

I'll gladly send you a (faux) pearl hatpin or two. Seriously, they cost very little when I buy 'em by the bunch. I could see a vintage peddler quadrupling his or her money by reselling 'em by the each, and good for those who do, I suppose, but I don't want to be in the vintage hatpin business.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Geez, guys, I'm blushing here.

I bought up a supply of vintage hatpins (they're quite inexpensive when purchased in bulk) thinking they'd work with this style. Yesterday I put a white one with a slightly pinkish hue on this hat. I'm not normally one for such accoutrements -- feathers, pins, etc. -- but the pins add a little something. (And I've seen some feathers that work well with some hats -- further evidence that there's rarely a rule without its exceptions.)
any chance of a pic withe the pin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg