Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scooter

Practically Family
I have to agree with Lefty. I, too, have a nice Marathon and love it, but that Stuart makes me envious. Great buy, Mike. (Still loving the Stetson I picked up from you, btw.)

kevinsp8

New in Town
new Brent Black premium roll-up panama hat

Extra large brim by request (excellent sun protection). Critiques welcomed... how to arrange the brim?
hat.jpg
[/IMG]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The whippet is interesting- it's stamped "whippet" on the sweatband, not on the liner. From what I've elsewhere on this forum, that means it was probably made and sold in Canada. The is a store name stamped on the sweatband, it's Owen Brothers in Maysville, Missouri, which is east of St. Joseph. So maybe not all whippets that are stamped only on the sweatband where made in Canada?

I believe that only applies to later production 2nd generation whippets- the thin ribboned, stingy brim variety.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Doubling my pleasure with a new Akubra Cattleman and a black Miller Milan.

Akubra Cattleman

G'day!

--

GREAT Cattleman! Interesting how you put a chinstrap through the vent grommets. Did you get it from an OZ retailer? If so I gather it does NOT have a liner? I have one I got from DM here in Seattle. I love it it is my barn hat when I go out and work my horse. :)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
The Marathon is nice, but the profile of that Stuart is killer. Nice buys.
I have to agree with Lefty. I, too, have a nice Marathon and love it, but that Stuart makes me envious. Great buy, Mike. (Still loving the Stetson I picked up from you, btw.)

Thanks guys. The Stuart is a 7 1/2 but since it's not reeded it is already comformed to my 7 3/8 long oval perfectly. It's very lightweight. Have you ever heard of Allan Stuart of Harrisburg before? I can't find anything on it.

Glad you still like the Stetson, Scooter :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
just this, for now

I'm guessing that it's this corner of 2nd and Pine that's referenced above, as it's the only one with what might have been shops. Of course, Stuart may have been demolished for office space.
Capture-2.jpg

Hückel Elastic Bowler

Hückel Elastic Bowler, black, size 58/59. Great condition and probably dates from the 1930s. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

5906095645_f98d6c38d3_b.jpg

5906646562_23fee41af0_b.jpg

5906728832_3ee88558dd_b.jpg

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
Great Milan! Does it conform to your head shape like they say it does?

Not for me, I'm afraid. Not yet. Maybe I need to get it wet?

GREAT Cattleman! Interesting how you put a chinstrap through the vent grommets. Did you get it from an OZ retailer? If so I gather it does NOT have a liner? I have one I got from DM here in Seattle. I love it it is my barn hat when I go out and work my horse. :)

I shipped it in from down under through EverythingAustrailian. I much prefer it without the liner since it breaths better in the So.Cal. heat.
As for the chinstrap, I'll post more in the Akubra thread.

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
Im in the waiting line to have my Art Fawcett hats made. In the meantime, I purchased a lovely Pecan Fedora VS on the classifieds. You can really tell the quality of this hat. A used hat is better than no hat by far.

ArtFawcett-1.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Im in the waiting line to have my Art Fawcett hats made. In the meantime, I purchased a lovely Pecan Fedora VS on the classifieds. You can really tell the quality of this hat. A used hat is better than no hat by far.

All of my most favorite fur felt hats (with the exception of two that Art made new for me) are used.

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face

ArtFawcett-1.jpg

You can feel the character in that lid. It just oozes experience and wear. If only it could speak to tell its tale.
Is it as soft as it looks?

I just received this old Barbisio in good condition. Very nice, mold-able felt and interesting details make me really like it. There are more pictures in the Barbisio Brothers thread.

IMG00201-20110706-1000.jpg

The stitching on the brim is just gorgeous!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az