Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
This FINALLY came in the mail today...
778b1058.jpg

c439d9cf.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
The case is in good shape. No innards ;)
The 100 is in pretty good shape too. No major damage but some slight moth activity. The felt is super soft and shapeable but a little stiffer than my 25. Size 7 1/2 but fits pretty well.
The thoroughbred is bizarre. The thickest felt I've ever seen. A couple of holes. 7 5/8 long oval.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The case is in good shape. No innards ;)
The 100 is in pretty good shape too. No major damage but some slight moth activity. The felt is super soft and shapeable but a little stiffer than my 25. Size 7 1/2 but fits pretty well.
The thoroughbred is bizarre. The thickest felt I've ever seen. A couple of holes. 7 5/8 long oval.

Now that you have had both the 25 and the 100, do you consider them equally desirable? I'm still waiting for the day when I can buy one or the other. Is it worth holding out for a 100, or is the 25 a good enough substitute?

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
You guys crack me up. I haven't had much time with it, but my first impression is that the 100 is smoother but the 25 if softer if that makes any sense. My 100 is a tad stiffer but that could just be the condition and that it hasn't been handled much in a long time. I'll know more tomorrow.

You guys crack me up. I haven't had much time with it, but my first impression is that the 100 is smoother but the 25 if softer if that makes any sense. My 100 is a tad stiffer but that could just be the condition and that it hasn't been handled much in a long time. I'll know more tomorrow.

The 100 has a stiff felt... beautifully moldable, but stiff. Congratulations on this purchase!

7X Clear Beaver Western

I was very fortunate to find this auction and win at a good price.

7xwestern2.jpg

7xwestern4.jpg

the size tag was turned under the sweat:

7xwestern5.jpg

7xwestern7.jpg

nice box, with a wrap around western panorama:

7xwestern6.jpg

Bought it based on the seller measurements... it turned out to be a very good fit.

7xwestern3.jpg

some additional photos and notes in the 7X Clear Beaver Quality thread.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Big old Cavanagh

5459275044_75e93fa05e_b.jpg
5458659807_a688270178_z.jpg
5459264912_c9059f6572_z.jpg

Some condition issues, but great character and felt. High crown wide brim--deep diamond crease. End of 30's likely. From Neiman-Marcus, Dallas.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I just got a new Stetson Nostalgia in Caribou from the Fedora Store. It's noticeably stiffer than the one I got from the HatCo outlet and the brim has more snap (a good thing because I think that the one from the outlet was probably a factory second, possibly because they thought it didn't have enough stiffener). The felt on the old Nostalgia also felt thinner and stretched out on the top (which is one of the old complaints about Nostalgias) but this one doesn't seem to have that problem; the felt seems like a consistent thickness throughout. Looks like they also switched to a slightly thinner ribbon, which I also like. It holds a bash great. I creased this in about two minutes using the Dinerman technique, with no need for water or steam.

I put a nearly identical bash as I did in my Fed IV, which has been my go-to hat lately, except it tends to get too snug unless I've just had a haircut. I seem to have better luck with getting a good fit with Stetsons, so I opted to get another Nostalgia rather than another Fed IV a size up. The fit is great, and I'm very happy with it.

nostalgia_front.jpg

nostalgia_side.jpg

nostalgia_rear.jpg

nostalgia_noggin.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dalton Homburg

Found this nice Dalton homburg today in a very rich brown color. Came with a nice Dalton box too. More pics in the homburg thread.

B

dalton_1.jpg

dalton_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe