Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
mired in the bog

Car+stuck+in+mud.JPG

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I just got this VERY fine Biltmore Roselinni from one of the members here in the Lounge. It is much nicer than the photos! It has a 4 1/2 inch crown, 2 3/4 inch brim, wich is bound BTW. The gold liner really looks swell.The felt is to die for. What a wonderful surprise. Thakks again for making this possible.

!CDb(9Mw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!gsE0v9klg4FBNOg4zuRq!~~0_3.JPG

!CDbW12QB2k~$(KGrHqN,!iME0HTqkL)ZBNOg1KJt4g~~0_3.JPG

!CDbZHW!!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!iEE0ESYNULSBNOg8oYLqw~~0_3.JPG

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I am in New Orleans on business and low and behold a great hat shop was just a block away .... Soo I had to go buy something! Meyer the Hatter was the name of the place ... Huge selection!!! The guy in the store was very helpful but he talked me into a stingy (well stingy for me 2") with a low crown. I have lost quit a bit of weight so the stingy didnt look all that bad!! I needed a packable less costly hat for travel anyway. I typically wear taler Crowns and wider brims but what the heck I'm not going to smash my VS custom into a suitcase like I will this one so I took a chance!!!

Ok chaps honest opinions only!! Does the stingy look ok on me or just goofy!! I am so use to wearing larger brims that I never consider the shorter ones!!

Thanks
Kk
I started with hats at Meyer -- the store has been around since the 1890s, or so I'm told. They don't do things like trimming brims or swapping ribbons anymore; their expert at that retired, they told me. But they do have an awesome selection. Was it Paul (youngish fellow, tall, mustache), Mr. Sam the patriarch, or young Mike who waited on you?

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Well, I got my first Borsalino today and I am really very impressed with the quality, here.

More in the borso thread...

Plus, it's a Henry the Hatter from Detroit!

I like it.

5413979970_934ba72fd7.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
The only thing I am a tad disappointed in is that the size seems bigger than 7-1/8. Usually a 7-1/8 is a tad loose but not too bad on me. This one feels more like a 7-1/4. But, brim stuffed and it sits fine.

This was a pleasant surprise. What looked like an intriguing hat on ebay and was discussed a bit on this thread arrived in much better condition than shown in the photos. I love when that happens. Clearly clear beaver, with mode edge curled up like a homburg. -The felt is lightweight clay - no staining and just a little dust. Sweatband is soft, supple and shows the patina of wear... the stitching is in good shape. The only condition issue is the coating on the reed, which has worn away in spots. I wonder if it once had a liner? The ribbon stitching shows in a few spots above the sweat - can't imagine that would have been done at the factory. Perhaps the liner was removed and the ventilation holes added afterwards? The box is covered in a sueded paper. These are first photos before any brushing or steaming. Gave it a quick bash... how will it be worn? It is a 7 1/4, but I think a bit of felt padding will make it work on my 7 1/8 head, here's hoping...

7xhomburg1.jpg

7xhomburg8.jpg

7xhomburg2.jpg

7xhomburg3.jpg

7xhomburg4.jpg

7xhomburg5.jpg

there is a megillah written under the sweatband, numbers, crossouts, nothing useful that I could decipher... will photograph later on.

7xhomburg6.jpg

7xhomburg7.jpg

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Great hats, MV and Alan. Keep 'em comin'

Pretty soon I will come to the end, here. I have four hats on their way to me and I am in the hunt for about 3 more to fill my "needed" slots. But after that I will likely not be in buying mode for quite a while. Unless I start selling off, I think I am close to being about done with what I can store, wear and what I need.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
This was a pleasant surprise. What looked like an intriguing hat on ebay and was discussed a bit on this thread arrived in much better condition than shown in the photos. I love when that happens. Clearly clear beaver, with mode edge curled up like a homburg. -The felt is lightweight clay - no staining and just a little dust. Sweatband is soft, supple and shows the patina of wear... the stitching is in good shape. The only condition issue is the coating on the reed, which has worn away in spots. I wonder if it once had a liner? The ribbon stitching shows in a few spots above the sweat - can't imagine that would have been done at the factory. Perhaps the liner was removed and the ventilation holes added afterwards? The box is covered in a sueded paper. These are first photos before any brushing or steaming. Gave it a quick bash... how will it be worn? It is a 7 1/4, but I think a bit of felt padding will make it work on my 7 1/8 head, here's hoping...

Wow, looks so much better than the seller's photos lead one to believe. Best case in nearly all respects. I would have bid higher...

buler

I'll Lock Up
Wow, looks so much better than the seller's photos lead one to believe. Best case in nearly all respects. I would have bid higher...

Looks great Alan! Please add it to this 7X thread.... 7XClearBeaver

Wish the seller would have let me see it locally..... they would have received a much higher bid.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael