Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Wow, looks so much better than the seller's photos lead one to believe. Best case in nearly all respects. I would have bid higher...

A flash and auto color balance can really make a mess of things. I had hoped I read the clues right and was lucky this time out.

I wonder on the date of this hat... when the 7X clear beaver model was introduced? The feel of the hat makes me guess early 1940s... any of our knowledgable Stetsonites have an opinion on this one?

Looks great Alan! Please add it to this 7X thread.... 7XClearBeaver

Wish the seller would have let me see it locally..... they would have received a much higher bid. B

Done and thanks... I think a number of us would have gone in deeper if we had had a better look. It seemed like a risky venture from the sellers photos.

The owner was a P.J. Kondos - a family that now seems associated with a personal injury law firm in Milwaukee.

Alex

Practically Family
Vintage Steven Stratton from Mike, and I'm definitely happy with it.
0203011401.jpg

0203011404a.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
This was a pleasant surprise.

7xhomburg1.jpg

7xhomburg8.jpg

7xhomburg2.jpg

Wow Alan, that looks like a real pip! If they too the liner out and added the vent holes my guess is that they also added the pencil curl to it too. It would seem odd to pencil curl it like a homburg with a factory Mode Edge at the factory, but odder things have happened. My guess again would be that the men's shop that originally sold it most likely did these changes per the customers request as was the habit back then. Dig on that sueded, sort of velour looking hat box too. Nice catch!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

eto

New in Town
Great looking hat Alex, I was just checking out your blog, very cool, i wish I had that head of hair.

warbird

One Too Many
Not new, but I don't think I ever posted it. It's a Mr. Disney. It's somewhere between a size 7 and 7 1/8. Tag says it's a 7. The brim is quite wide for a fedora at nearly 3". This hat is incredibly soft and quite a nice color. Like some of my other hats it isn't really my style. I like western style hats at 3" or a little more and fedoras around 2 1/2". It is the only Mr. Disney I have ever owned. A true gentleman's hat.

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael