Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I never heard of this maker before, but it's a sweet lid. Great color, very soft and maliable. Nice gros and sweat is unreeded. I love the bound edge, I don't know what you call this type of binding, but i love it. Seems to be maybe the 40's but correct me if I'm wrong. Price tag inside is at $26.30

DSC05496.jpg

DSC05498.jpg

DSC05499.jpg

DSC05500.jpg

DSC05501.jpg

WOW Bolt, that hat is really sweet looking. Ive seen that same brim treatment on another brand hat. I forget which one though. Its really neat how its got wide binding on the bottom brim and thin binding on the top. It almost gives and optical illusion when the brim is snapped down. The colors go great together as well. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
I just got this one from ebay yesterday. I love this hat. The felt is EXTREMELY soft and smooth like silk. The hat is in excellent shape. The hat maker used very little, if any, stiffener in the felt, so its very tough for the hat to keep a crease. I did the best I could with a center dent. That's probably also due to the fact that the felt is VERY light weight. This is most definitely a summer hat. The actually weight is very light and the thickness is very light as well. Its a very well made and high end hat. Ive never heard of the maker but one word on the sweatband made me think that possibly the hat was a private label made my Mallory. The sweatband says "Cravenette," and I know this was usually associated with Mallory. Could be just a coincidence though. Heres some pics:

DSC04409.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04411.jpg

DSC04408.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04405.jpg

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04401.jpg

DSC04399.jpg

DSC04398.jpg

That is a very nice hat, indeed. Masculine, yet lightweight. The lighter weight the hat, the more I like it. Congratulations!

P.S. Great condition too! I don't do vintage, but that is one I would wear.

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I believe black is unappreciated and always like to see more.

Not everyone can wear a black hat, though. I see that Alan and meyserwegener can wear it well (no doubt many others here who I am forgetting now), but when I bought a widebrim black hat from E Bay, I looked like a rabbi. Were I a rabbi that would have been fine. Not being one though, I couldn't find any black solution for me. A black hat is just too dramatic-looking, or severe-looking, or something for me. So I admire those who can wear that color, but I'm not one.

DRB

One Too Many
I'm not a stingy person at all but I thought I would give one more a shot.
I know, it's the classic definition of insanity.
The Adam Mega Stingy
03d19b0c.jpg

32446c6b.jpg

5eb3ae00.jpg

Rodkins, it is hard to tell with that black background, but I believe you would look good in anything 2 1/8 inches and larger. Just my opinion. Don't give up on the shorter brims just yet.

DRB

One Too Many
Not everyone can wear a black hat, though. I see that Alan and meyserwegener can wear it well (no doubt many others here who I am forgetting now), but when I bought a widebrim black hat from E Bay, I looked like a rabbi. Were I a rabbi that would have been fine. Not being one though, I couldn't find any black solution for me. A black hat is just too dramatic-looking, or severe-looking, or something for me. So I admire those who can wear that color, but I'm not one.

Dano: I know where you are coming from. They look great on some but not on others. I dearly wanted to by a black beaver but could not bring myself to pull the trigger. So, I am having something similar being built by Gary White "The Custom Hatter". Very soon he will be done with my dark olive cavanagh edged 100% beaver. Gary says that it is very dark and would compliment any black suit. Maybe this will be a way to curb my appetite for black.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mallory Twelve-Fifty

Received my pre-'46/Stetson takeover Mallory Twelve-Fifty yesterday. The color is Mallory's Snow, very apropos given the blizzard besieging Minnesota today.

It is a magnificent hat in every way. As creased, the crown stands 5-1/4" at the front. 2" black grosgrain ribbon with wind trolley. The brim is a full 3" all around, with a beautifully executed underwelt which appears similar to a Cav edge from above. The felt is dense yet supple, with a wondrous hand.

Will add photos to the Mallory Mile thread for documentation.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I know the beavers in that one have to be proud to have given up dam building in cold water knowing they look so damn good all these years later. Gorgeous hat and you wear it so well.

Received my pre-'46/Stetson takeover Mallory Twelve-Fifty yesterday. The color is Mallory's Snow, very apropos given the blizzard besieging Minnesota today.

It is a magnificent hat in every way. As creased, the crown stands 5-1/4" at the front. 2" black grosgrain ribbon with wind trolley. The brim is a full 3" all around, with a beautifully executed underwelt which appears similar to a Cav edge from above. The felt is dense yet supple, with a wondrous hand.

I know a few dead beavers who would be mighty proud to have given up wet dam building in cold water to contribute to the felt in that gorgeous hat.
You wear it so well too.

Will add photos to the Mallory Mile thread for documentation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82