Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
I've had 2 Adam Homburgs turn up this week:

An early 1950's model, taupe with a grey ribbon:
4444363402_d393f29934.jpg

A late 1940's model, tan with a copper coloured ribbon:
4443590171_c299d0943a.jpg

More pics in Adam Alley.

Those are really great Billy. I am especially fond of the 40's with the copper ribbon; outstanding!

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
rlk said:
4455861206_350b59185e_b.jpg

Just returned from Monteagle and the only hat acquired by me was found less than 1 mile from home.[huh]

I have a Knox that is very similar to your Cross Country. It is a blue heather mix with a purple ribbon that I have a hard time convincing others (including myself) that it is indeed purple (it is, it really is....).

Nice score. :)

Scott Wood

Practically Family
M_Jones said:
I have a Knox that is very similar to your Cross Country. It is a blue heather mix with a purple ribbon that I have a hard time convincing others (including myself) that it is indeed purple (it is, it really is....).

Nice score. :)
Have seen these before and they are beautiful. Would love to have one for my own ;)

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Early '40s Disney

Fished this out of the bay last week http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370276611612&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
and it arrived today.

4457660335_874e685aff.jpg

4457660677_8ecb11d946.jpg

As I hoped, the color is Oxblood, not brown (it's hard to get the color right in these photos). The seller wasn't quite right in asserting that it was unworn, because the "protective paper" inside was just some padding used to make the hat a little smaller. But it hasn't been worn much, just some minor scuffing on the very pliable sweatband to indicate that it's ever been out of the box. There are a couple of very shallow moth nibbles on the underside of the brim, you really have to be looking for them to see them. I might try sanding them out or I might just leave them alone.

Oh, when I turned out the sweatband a little tag fell out - the OPA sticker showing the govt. ceiling price. That dates the hat to sometime between 1942 and 1946.

2 7/8" brim, crown is 5" as bashed. More photos in the Disney Diner.

buler

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Vic, are you talking about the clear plastic liner tip cover?

B

It looks like it might have no protector at all. Salty, can you confirm if your new Disney liner has a tip cover?

thanks
B

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
buler said:
It looks like it might have no protector at all. Salty, can you confirm if your new Disney liner has a tip cover?

thanks
B

If you're going by the ebay photo, it's misleading. It does look like a messed-up plastic cover, but it was actually a layer of cellophane that someone had laid inside the hat. There is no tip cover, not even an oilcloth one. I put up some detailed pics in the Disney Diner.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Stetson "The Sovereign" Homburg

Stetson Homburg I got from Mr. Lucky. This is after an intensive cleaning and refurbishing (I gave it a good once over with a horsehair brush). I'm considering giving it a bash to make it my own, but I like the front pinch and center crease that it came with. I didn't realize that first pic came out so blurry until I uploaded it. Oh well, you get the idea.

Any help dating this hat?

stetson1.jpg

stetson2.jpg

stetson3.jpg

stetson4.jpg

stetson5.jpg
stetsonnoggin1.jpg

stetsonnoggin2.jpg

jporgeck

Familiar Face
How do I post hat pics?

Hello all. I'm sort of new to the Fedora Lounge. I picked up a new Stetson straw last month while I was in Houston, TX. I would like to post, however, I'm not as computer savvy as I had imagined. When I tried I was asked for an http. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Lefty said:
90s or newer, I think

I think you might be right. Under the sweatband there's a sticker with dot matrix numbers printed on it. I'm no expert, obviously, and I knew Bernie Utz has been around since the 40's, so I was hoping it was quite a bit older. Oh well, live and learn.[huh]

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
jporgeck said:
Hello all. I'm sort of new to the Fedora Lounge. I picked up a new Stetson straw last month while I was in Houston, TX. I would like to post, however, I'm not as computer savvy as I had imagined. When I tried I was asked for an http. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

You need a few more posts I think. Check out the FAQ's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe