Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Saks Fifth Avenue Homburg. Hmm...

Just received this Saks Fifth Avenue Homburg, courtesy of my parents, who were acting as intermediaries on my behalf. (An acquaintance was selling off some hats, so they picked it up for me.)

30195194.jpg

Well... it's not a bad hat, but it's not what I was expecting. Probably best for more casual wear than I had originally intended it for.

More in the Homburg Nation thread.

Cracker

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
Thanks - I love refurbishing these things. I have a nice stack of 'brand new' unbashed hats sitting in front of me - did six this week.

Despite the 'before' pics, this hat was basically in mint, crushed condition - almost no cleaning involved, but very difficult to straighten out the felt behind the ribbon, and the ribbon itself.

DAY-um! Hard to believe that's the same hat. I wore it to work today, and am looking at it now. Damned if I could ever tell it was ever in anything but pristine shape. Great job.

And it stood me in good stead this weekend at my sister's wedding in Austin. I got lots of compliments, and it kept me warm during the unexpected 40 degree weather and 30mph winds we had.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
New Arrival

Just arrived from Berkeley Hats, Panama Extra Fino no sweatband and the 7 1/8 is exactly right on which makes it perfectly snug for the common winds here. Of course there is a little snow in the air and the sun has gone into hiding on the day my very first Panama arrives lol
100_0395.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country Light Blue Heather Mix

4455861206_350b59185e_b.jpg

Just returned from Monteagle and the only hat acquired by me was found less than 1 mile from home.[huh]
4454999311_04d4576a66_o.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While we were in Monteagle a box arrived at my parents' house where I had it shipped thinking it would arrive while I was gone. This is a nearly mint whippet....my first whippet (green)! :D

IMG_0396_2.jpg

IMG_0397_2.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399_2.jpg

IMG_0403_2.jpg

This was auctioned on the bay as NIB, but I don't think that description fits exactly. It was auctioned in a Champ box. The hat is very pristine though, and well worth what I paid for it IMO.

KimC got a new lid in Monteagle too.

IMG_0404_2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I was hoping that ebay would have all sorts of great deals while you guys were otherwise engaged. No such luck.

Very nice grabs, guys.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Stetson Sovereign Homburg

Just got it from Mr. Lucky off OFAS. Size 7 3/4, and the fit is near perfect. Instantly comfortable on my noggin. I like the fact that it's fairly casual looking for a homburg. Not my pic, this is from the auction, but it's been a long day and the in-laws are visiting, so I'll post pics tomorrow.

stetsonhomburg.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Ribbon Switch

E Train, I bought Mr. Lucky's other eBay hat, and I could swear we have each other's ribbons. I got a black Borsalino hat with a brown ribbon on it that looks like it would be right at home on your brown hat. I could be wrong, nice score. Frank

Mr E Train

One Too Many
frussell said:
E Train, I bought Mr. Lucky's other eBay hat, and I could swear we have each other's ribbons. I got a black Borsalino hat with a brown ribbon on it that looks like it would be right at home on your brown hat. I could be wrong, nice score. Frank

I like a black ribbon with a brown hat, so I'm quite happy with it.:D

majormoore

Vendor
Kim, can wear her new hat next year when we take her on the snipe hunt, this way she will be blending in, so the snipes should run pretty near her to catch.

Major Moore

CRH

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
While we were in Monteagle a box arrived at my parents' house where I had it shipped thinking it would arrive while I was gone. This is a nearly mint whippet....my first whippet (green)! :D

I haven't been watching lately but I'm sure you took that one for a fair market price. ;)

I love green hats. I love Whippets!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:

IMG_0396_2.jpg

This was auctioned on the bay as NIB, but I don't think that description fits exactly. It was auctioned in a Champ box. The hat is very pristine though, and well worth what I paid for it IMO.

Imagine that, a Whippet. Great looking find once again Bob.:eusa_clap
Tom D.

BobC

St.Ignatz said:
Imagine that, a Whippet. Great looking find once again Bob.:eusa_clap
Tom D.

I can't seem to get enough of those Whippets. I love 'em, and they just seem to keep popping up.

BobC

CRH said:
I haven't been watching lately but I'm sure you took that one for a fair market price. ;)

I love green hats. I love Whippets!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I would have paid more. This one was a kind of unusual situation. The seller put it up and then took it down quickly then put it back up again with a higher opening price. She only got two bids on it. Good deal for me. :D

Cracker

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Good looking hat, Cracker. Which Dobbs is it?

It just says Dobbs Fifth Avenue on the liner. There's no tag or sticker behind the sweat. I thought "Fifth Avenue" was part of the Dobbs' name, and not a model or type name like Savoy. But I'm not sure.

Mr. Paladin

rlk said:
4455861206_350b59185e_b.jpg

Just returned from Monteagle and the only hat acquired by me was found less than 1 mile from home.[huh]

That mixed felt looks really nice, rlk. Its a pleasing tone and the ribbon brings out the like color in the mix.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:

IMG_0403_2.jpg

Very nice green, Bob...but I can't imagine you in a Whippet! :rolleyes: Well bought!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe