Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billyspew said:
I've had 2 Adam Homburgs turn up this week:

A late 1940's model, tan with a copper coloured ribbon:
4443590171_c299d0943a.jpg

More pics in Adam Alley.

Love that copper ribbon!

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
A month ago I didn't own an Adam hat..

and now I own three! :

Got this Capri first - it's beat but the price was right:

4443947409_eeb0137ac0.jpg

A few days later I scored this Romabout.

That purplish spot on the ribbon isn't a stain, just iridescence from the sunlight playing on the fabric:

4444718524_8a6358745c.jpg

Coupla days later I got this Pacesetter, probably the best deal of the three:

4444718292_75d76ff58c.jpg

All in all a satisfying week! I'll post more detailed photos in the Adam Alley.​

bolthead said:
Where do you find all there amazing Mayser's at?

Kurt, This one was actually on US eBay. BillysMom (Sue) found another nice one a couple months ago on US eBay. Most of my other Maysers come from Euro eBay sites or from hat people I know.

Viper Man said:
:eusa_clap Those are amazing, Billy. Very nice condition for the age. I really like the tall crown on the second hat.

A great Adam Homburg duo! I really like Adam hats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Great hats, everyone! Especially your new Mayser, Steve!

I just recieved another Borsalino. This time from France. More in the Borsalino Brotherhood.

Thanks, Dieter! Beautiful Borsalino! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SaltyO, Great series of hats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I have a couple of Adam Pacesetters and really enjoy wearing them.

billyspew

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
and now I own three! :

Got this Capri first - it's beat but the price was right:

A few days later I scored this Romabout.

That purplish spot on the ribbon isn't a stain, just iridescence from the sunlight playing on the fabric:

Coupla days later I got this Pacesetter, probably the best deal of the three:

All in all a satisfying week! I'll post more detailed photos in the Adam Alley.​

All very nice.
First time I've heard of the Capri, only the second time I've seen a Romabout (there's an ad in Adam Alley featuring it).
I have the twin of your Pacesetter.

You should be proud of that fledgling Adam family.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
billyspew said:
All very nice.
First time I've heard of the Capri, only the second time I've seen a Romabout (there's an ad in Adam Alley featuring it).

Thanks, Billy - that means a lot coming from you :) I posted detailed pics of each hat in Adam Alley and would love to get your thoughts on when they were produced.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
billyspew said:
All very nice.

I think it was the Romabout I was bidding on and now I wish I had been more adamant lol, but I was going after a Knox "Fifth Avenue Special" that arrived this morning :D
Pics to follow

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
I think it was the Romabout I was bidding on and now I wish I had been more adamant lol, but I was going after a Knox "Fifth Avenue Special" that arrived this morning :D
Pics to follow

I was suprised at winning both the Romabout and the Pacesetter - I've seen Pacesetters in poorer condition go higher, and I knew the Romabout was a fairly scarce model. There was some confusion on the Pacesetter's size that may have worked to my advantage. They both went for less than my max bid on each.

I think it's the Hat God's way of making up for the wins that turned out to be real losers...

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Knew Knox

Just received this Knox Fifth Avenue Special. It had been worn off center for some time and the pinch and the oval were way off center so I have it cooling/drying on a heated stretcher block.
Will have to redo the crown, probably a diamond ;)
These are the shots from the bay but I will have noggin shots after it's refitting...
Knox5th1-vi.jpg

Knox5th2-vi.jpg

Knox5th3-vi.jpg

Knox5th4-vi.jpg

Knox5th5-vi.jpg

Knox5th6-vi.jpg

Knox5th7-vi.jpg

Knox5th8-vi.jpg

p.s. IT'S GORGEOUS, gonna be really happy when I can wear it without going in circles

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Salty O'Rourke said:
I think it's the Hat God's way of making up for the wins that turned out to be real losers...
:arated: lol lol lol

if I had been watching more closely you never would have gotten it for that price lol but just before that I had really lucked out on a beautiful Mallory mostly because it was dusty and rumpled on the bay and the seller didn't seem to know much about hats in general and even less about this one in particular ;)

Scott Wood

Practically Family
This hat is so skewed and out of round that it's going to be best to leave it pretty natural and wear it for some time before I really shape it.
I fell in love with it on the bay and wound up paying a premium but the feel and look, the felt and ribbon, it's all worth it :D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
This hat is so skewed and out of round that it's going to be best to leave it pretty natural and wear it for some time before I really shape it.
I fell in love with it on the bay and wound up paying a premium but the feel and look, the felt and ribbon, it's all worth it :D

That's a gorgeous hat. I had always wondered where the 'Premier' fit in the Knox price structure.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
ScottF said:
That's a gorgeous hat. I had always wondered where the 'Premier' fit in the Knox price structure.

I always figured it was the Knox equivalent to the Royal Stetson. My two Premiers are wonderful - especially this one - but my Knox Twenty's felt is more substantial and has a better 'feel' to it. My Premiers' felt is very similar to the felt of my Whippets. That tan Premier is my current favorite hat, and my gray Premier Westlite is my go-to hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe